Castlight Health Inc is seeking a high-energy individual to be part of its payroll team and contribute to the success of a fast growing company. As a part of the Payroll Team, you will use your payroll fundamentals and experience to contribute to the day-to-day payroll operations for our employees across the US, Canada and India. The Associate Payroll Specialist will be responsible for payroll functions directed by the Senior Payroll Manager and will process semi-monthly and monthly payroll cycles for 600 employees. For this role, it is crucial to have high attention to detail with the highest level of accuracy and deliver strong internal customer service while working in a deadline-driven environment.
At Castlight, we value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier and more productive employees.
This position is open to remote candidates within the Pacific Time Zone.
In this role, you will
- Process accurate and timely semi-monthly payroll for hourly and salaried employees in multi-state environment including retroactive payments, commissions, bonuses, prorated pay for new hires, final pay calculations, leave pay, other exception pay and reimbursements using ADP WFN
- Collect and audit timesheet data and pay data at end of each pay period to ensure payroll is processed with high level of accuracy
- Coordinate with HR Ops to ensure employee information is properly updated in ADP and resolve any discrepancies timely
- Ensure the calculation of employee pay and entitlement changes are correct based on effective date of change and make necessary adjustments, when applicable, to calculate and process pay with high level of accuracy
- Review and audit all payroll data prior to submission and immediately following the submission to ensure it is processed properly without discrepancies
- Create, download and save payroll reports as part of the payroll process and as requested by management
- Process off-cycle payrolls as needed
- Comply with all federal, state and local tax, wage and hour laws as well as internal policies
- Answer employee inquiries and requests regarding payroll related matters and resolve in a timely manner and serve as a liaison for answering complex questions
- Complete employment verifications, respond to wage withholding orders and any tax notices
- Partner with HR Ops and external vendors on payroll and employee benefits such as LOA, FSA, HSA, Commuter/Transit and 401K
- Assist with international payroll processing (Canada and India)
- Assist with payroll journal entries, accruals and reconciliations
- Assist with monthly benefits reconciliations
- Assist with external audits by providing support documentation
- Setup employer accounts required to file and deposit payroll taxes in different states as employees are hired or move to new locations
- Exercise a high degree of confidentiality relative to all payroll information
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with internal and external teams to promote quality service image
- Assist in other accounting areas, such as indirect tax compliance
- Provide support for tax audits
- Perform other duties and special projects as directed and assigned
- 2-4 years of relevant payroll experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent attention to detail and process-oriented with a personal standard for excellence
- Ability to work independently as well as ability to collaborate closely with other teams remotely
- Good written, oral and communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good problem-solving skills and judgment
- Good cultural fit
- Proficient in MS Excel (Vlookups, Pivot tables and other formulas), Word and Outlook
- ADP WFN experience, preferred
- Workday experience, a plus
- Netsuite accounting system experience, a plus
- FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification), a plus
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight. That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world’s first comprehensive app for all health needs. We guide individuals—based on their unique profile—to the best resources available to them, whether they are healthy, chronically ill, or actively seeking medical care. In doing so, we help companies regain control over rising healthcare costs and get more value from their benefits investments. Castlight revolutionized the healthcare sector with the introduction of data-driven price transparency tools in 2008 and the first consumer-grade wellbeing platform in 2012. Today, Castlight serves as the health navigation platform for millions of people and is a trusted partner to many of the largest employers in the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco, and can be found online at www.castlighthealth.com and on the New York Stock Exchange as CSLT.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.