Associate, Strategic Finance
We are looking for an Associate on our Strategic Finance Team to provide finance support to drive sustainable profitable growth for the organization as Vera Whole Health and Castlight Health come together in transforming the healthcare industry.
The scope of the Strategic Finance team includes, but not limited to, multi-year long range strategic planning, value-based contract economics, and financial decision support on key strategic initiatives such as market entry.
The ideal candidate thrives in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment, and has a strong work ethic and an ability to develop cross-functional partnerships throughout the company. The candidate is able to process data from disparate sources to deliver accurate forecasts and actionable insights that support leaders in making critical business decisions.
- Build, manage and enhance the Long-Range Forecast Model and Process to support multi-year strategic planning with continuous improvement in mind
- Partner with actuarial, clinical and commercial team to support the development of Value-based contract economics
- Finance decision support on Strategic initiatives such as market entry for our clinical operations, strategic partnerships, product expansion etc.
- Deliver impactful analyses with actionable insights to support the profitable growth of the business and portfolio management, such as cost-benefit analysis, scenario analysis, and return on investment calculations
- Create and/or Collaborate with FP&A team on various analysis and deliverables for the ELT, investors and Board members
- Track expense overrun/underrun against pricing assumptions; identify areas of opportunities to bend the operating cost curve as the organization ramping up scale
- Support the development of Risk Appetite statement and the management of the Risk Budget
- Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Actuarial Science, or equivalent
- 3+ years of relevant experience in FP&A/Strategic Finance/Actuarial, preferably in actuarial/financial modeling (i.e., actuarial consulting, healthplan finance/actuary, corporate finance at a health tech/tech enabled medical provider, strategic finance, or investment banking roles)
- Exceptional excel modeling with a good understanding of basic accounting principles and/or actuarial concepts, especially around healthcare finance/actuarial terms, methodologies and concepts (i.e., PMPM, Trend, Utilization, IBNR/IBNP etc.)
- Strong proficiency in PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and create quality output on a timely basis against imperfect data/information
- Analytical, inquisitive, strong attention to detail, a propensity for continuous improvement
- Self-starter capable of identifying inefficiencies, proposing and implementing scalable solutions
- Highest level of integrity, professionalism and judgement, with ability to form relationships with executives and handle confidential information
- Cultural fit: enthusiastic team player passionate about Vera-Castlight’s mission to transform healthcare
- Healthcare experience especially from health plans, healthcare actuarial consulting, or Health SaaS sector
- Experience with software systems (i.e., Workday general ledger, Salesforce, NetSuite, Adaptive Insights,)
- Risk management experience
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight. That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.