Backend Java Engineer
The Integrations and Rewards Engineering team at Castlight health is responsible for integrating new trackers, building/maintaining a platform to reward users for living a healthy lifestyle.
You should thrive in a fast-paced setting, working under tight timelines and collaborating with cross functional teams and be able to perform data analysis, provide development support for existing systems, and troubleshoot data and/or system issues, as needed.
This includes contributing to our existing microservices, building new services out, designing and developing the APIs ingested in the front-end.
Throughout all of this you will be collaborating with other engineers on the team, data scientists, designers, product managers, and other stakeholders.
Our team takes continuous improvement and innovation seriously and we are always seeking ways to improve our practices.
- Minimum 4+ years of Software Engineering experience and fluency in object-oriented language development (preferably Java)
- Familiar with databases; especially relational ones like MySQL
- Hands-on experience with developer tools like Git, Docker, Kubernetes, and monitoring solutions (Prometheus)
- You have excellent communication skills, you’re humble, and you enjoy sharing & learning from others
- You embrace change, can take a step back, prioritize, and focus on added-value tasks
- You have a results-driven and product-oriented mindset
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of frameworks like Spring, Spring Boot, JUnit, and Mockito
- Participating in the design, development, and maintenance of new Java services
- Participating in the whole application lifecycle; including early meetings, design, development, test strategy, deployment to production, observability, and support
- Interacting with people with different roles and backgrounds, and sharing your technical expertise with a mix of technical, product and business experts