The Benefits Analyst will be a key member of the Total Rewards and Operations team. Reporting to the VP of People Operations, this role will manage our benefits portfolio and be a trusted partner to HR Business Partners, Business Leaders, and employees. You will not only be responsible for the delivery of our benefits portfolio to employees but be a critical thought leader towards our overall rewards strategy. To thrive in this role, you will have an eye for detail and look to optimize our benefits administration. You are motivated by incremental wins and milestones. If you have a passion for service to employees and leveraging benefits strategy to build a motivated workforce achieving great things together, we invite you to join us.
Position Responsibilities (what you will do):
- Work closely with VP of People Operations, People Strategy team, and business leaders to deliver a world-class benefits portfolio to employees
- Support of all aspects of benefits administration; educating staff, managing enrollments, and supporting annual open enrollment, and reconcile and maintain accurate benefit billing for multiple vendors.
- Lead/assist with system configuration, testing and auditing for annual open enrollment.
- Provide support and training to users on Benefits module system and processes including creation and maintenance of system documentation
- Perform audit procedures/activities of all benefits plans to ensure accuracy of benefits data and payroll deductions, both employee data and vendor received data. Determine root cause for issues with data and take corrective action on problems found. Work with internal and external partners for support on more complex matters
- Drive the maintenance and update system configurable fields, tables, data, and features supporting HR, payroll and benefits.
- Completing renewal plan and cost summary exhibits for all products
- Reviewing claim reports and preparing executive summaries and renewal forecasting
- Developing Excel spreadsheet for projects and processes including, but not limited to, renewal forecasting
- Cultivating insurance carrier relationships
- Prepare, analyze and summarize employee benefit data and trends
- Assist with the development and maintenance of employee benefits communication materials including plan documents, intranet, and open enrollment.
- Provide support for leaves of absence & medical accommodations; liaison between employees and HRLs
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations applicable to employee benefit programs including but not limited to COBRA, ERISA. HIPAA, ACA, FMLA
- Produce monthly benefit reports
- Manage paid time off banks including annual resets, mid-year adjustments, and ad hoc audits.
- Develop holiday calendars and ensure equity with different care centers and client holiday policies
- Create and support annual benefits satisfaction survey, analyze survey results, and make recommendations for plan changes
- Monitor benefits and legislative trends in the competitive market and ensure our total rewards portfolio attracts, retains, and rewards high performers and key talent
- Suggests ways to innovatively streamline the processes affecting People Strategy
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives, and systems
- Perform other HR duties, projects, and tasks as assigned
Position Qualifications (what you will bring):
- Minimum 3+ years of progressive benefits administration experience required including benefits administration, billing, and HR systems
- 5+ years of progressive HR experience preferred
- Experience in healthcare and/or technology highly preferred
- PHR or SHRM certification is preferred
- Prior experience supporting self-billed and self-funded benefits programs
- Experience in managing benefits in Workday
- Demonstrated strong user of MS Office 365 applications and SharePoint
- Strong consulting, communication, and presentation skills
- Deep analytical, pragmatic, and adaptable mindset, with the ability to evaluate complex data and make recommendations
- Experience managing benefit programs and vendors/consultants
- Knack for forming productive working relationships in a matrixed organization to define and deliver effective processes, data and programs that support the business goals
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Positive attitude and comfort with ambiguity
- Research and resolve errors with a sense of urgency, conducting root cause analysis to ensure that issue is contained and corrected
- Bias toward action, with a can-do approach to shifting prioritiesin a constantly changing environment
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications
- BA/BS in a related field from an accredited college or university
- Detailed-oriented and demonstrated ability to work with highly confidential information.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work with limited supervision
Nice to have:
- International compensation and benefits experience is a plus, but not required
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight. That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.