apree health is seeking an HR Operations Specialist to join our growing team. The HR Operations Specialist will be responsible for executing all HR transactions and administration, supporting the HR team, across all HR service categories including Workday data maintenance, maintaining SOPs, reporting, and more.
This candidate will be essential to keeping things moving smoothly, and efficiently, behind the scenes. The ideal candidate will question the norm, fill in any gaps that are found, and proactively solve problems before they occur. The HR Operations Specialist will help ensure that we deliver empathetic, on-brand experiences to all potential and existing apree health employees.
This is a remote role but must be flexible to work pacific coast hours (PST) as needed.
- Provide dedicated support to operations with a specific focus on HR transactions, data maintenance, reporting, onboarding, and data management specifically related to employee data/assignment changes, Workday records, and staffing compliance as needed
- Completes all other HR data & transaction requests as needed
- Ensure data quality while maintaining and protecting confidential data with utmost scrutiny, judgment, and care
- Strong customer service focus, with a high level of responsiveness.
- Genuine desire to proactively assist others, ability to anticipate customer needs.
- Supportive team player with a drive to create a positive work environment.
- Approachable with the ability to diffuse a tense situation.
- Applies solid judgment ensuring integrity, compliance, & confidentiality.
- Enjoys transactional work with the ability to self-manage high volume workload.
- Passion for continuous process improvement and simplification of routine deliverables.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a proven ability to organize and analyze data.
- Understands and utilizes Workday HCM system knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of employment-related laws and compliance procedures.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Teams, and G-suite
- Proficiency with Workday HCM a must.
- Proficiency with or ability to quickly learn the organization’s talent management system, JobVite
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- At least three years of human resource experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP a plus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight. That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world’s first comprehensive app for all health needs. We guide individuals—based on their unique profile—to the best resources available to them, whether they are healthy, chronically ill, or actively seeking medical care. In doing so, we help companies regain control over rising healthcare costs and get more value from their benefits investments. Castlight revolutionized the healthcare sector with the introduction of data-driven price transparency tools in 2008 and the first consumer-grade wellbeing platform in 2012. Today, Castlight serves as the health navigation platform for millions of people and is a trusted partner to many of the largest employers in the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco and can be found online at www.castlighthealth.com.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.