The Manager of Market Development plays a critical role in meeting the long-term growth objectives of Vera’s strategic relationship with Elevance. They will be responsible for identifying new and existing markets for expansion, developing and executing the market entry playbook to ensure successful market launches, and supporting growth and operational needs in existing markets. The Manager will partner closely with Elevance Health, Vera Whole Health’s General Manager of Elevance Markets, and Vera Whole Health’s Market Presidents in meeting our long-term strategic growth objectives.
Position Qualifications/Essential Functions:
- Partner with Elevance (National and Market) to create and garner buy-in on market-specific growth plans, proformas and measures of success.
- Prepare and report out on long-term growth plans to key internal and external stakeholders, including proforma analysis on markets, lives, and forecasted P&L performance.
- Develop a market playbook that defines the go-to-market strategy, including product- and segment-specific tactics to launch and growth within a market.
- Collaborate with Elevance and internal resources to create an Elevance product based strategy, including development of the overarching benefit design, identification of markets for deployment, and monitoring / tracking of progress to launch.
- Work cross-functionally to provide market launch oversight to ensure key milestones related to contracting, facilities, recruiting, member engagement and product are met.
- Bachelor’s or 4 years equivalent experience in professional or healthcare business-oriented industry
- 5 – 10 years of experience in a related field
- Highly organized
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective working relationships throughout all levels of the organization – Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to be creative and innovative in a fast-paced environment with a lot of ambiguity and constant change
- Ability to champion quality throughout the organization
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight. That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world’s first comprehensive app for all health needs. We guide individuals—based on their unique profile—to the best resources available to them, whether they are healthy, chronically ill, or actively seeking medical care. In doing so, we help companies regain control over rising healthcare costs and get more value from their benefits investments. Castlight revolutionized the healthcare sector with the introduction of data-driven price transparency tools in 2008 and the first consumer-grade wellbeing platform in 2012. Today, Castlight serves as the health navigation platform for millions of people and is a trusted partner to many of the largest employers in the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco, and can be found online at www.castlighthealth.com.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.