Do you want to have a direct positive impact on how people experience healthcare? Castlight’s mission is to help people navigate the complexities of the US healthcare system and as a Full-Stack Software Engineer, you will build the microservices and user interface that empower our users to connect with preferred providers. This includes contributing to our existing microservices, building new microservices out, designing and developing the APIs ingested in the front-end, and building new front-end features. Throughout all of this you will be collaborating with other engineers on the team, data scientists, designers, product managers, and other stakeholders, and help ideate and prioritize what we build next. Our team takes continuous improvement and innovation seriously and we are always seeking ways to improve our practices.
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver an incredible experience for Castlight
- Design and construct across the full stack: from back-end microservices to front-end components
- Write well-tested, scalable, highly available, and maintainable code and collaborate with engineers across the organization to improve our processes
- Contribute in ideation sessions and product discussions, own new initiatives, and champion them through to completion
- Interact cross-functionally with other teams at Castlight, UX designers, researchers, and leadership to help solve complex problems that plague our members
- Implement new experiments to quickly test ideas with less effort in a data-driven manner before we fully commit to incorporating them in the product
What You’ll Bring:
- Engineering experience working with Angular, Java, and instrumenting events in Mixpanel
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience with software engineering best practices such as git, code review, testing, maintainability, etc.
- Interest in working with other team members including other developers, data scientists, user experience designers, product managers, etc.
- Ability and interest in working with at least some remote team members
- Master’s Degree or equivalent experience
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Castlight Health does not accept unsolicited assistance from recruitment search firms for employment opportunities. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Castlight Health via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a signed search agreement on Castlight’s form in place ahead of time will be deemed the sole property of Castlight Health. In such cases, no fee will be paid or payable in the event the candidate is hired by Castlight as a result of the submission.