* San Francisco Bay Area or US Remote candidates.*
About Castlight Health
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible for people to navigate the healthcare system and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. As a leader in healthcare navigation, we provide a world-class digital platform with a team of clinical and benefits experts to help members easily connect and engage with the right programs and care, at the right time.
Castlight partners with Fortune 500 companies and health plans to transform employee and member benefits into one comprehensive health and wellbeing experience to deliver better health outcomes and maximize returns on healthcare investments.
We’re looking for a Senior Designer with a focus on our Customer/User Marketing communications channel who has a passion for making our customers successful and their members highly engaged.
This role requires an understanding of branding, UX engagement and Marketing communications design with the ability to work across Marketing teams and Product UX design team.
As a Senior member of the Design team, you will be responsible for creating strategic, engaging, and effective design solutions that communicate the complex concepts and challenges of navigating the healthcare industry.
You take pride in distilling high-level brand and customer messages into creative integrated campaigns and digital communications. You’re able to work through complex, multi-deliverable initiatives to evolve and manage our templates and assets as well as work within key customer brand guidelines.
Our ideal candidate is a highly creative and collaborative team player who is a responsible, reliable, motivated, organized self-starter, who is deadline and detail-oriented to produce high-quality creative work in a fast-paced environment, while collaborating with multiple teams, stakeholders, and designers. They will exhibit an ability to understand and balance goals/objectives, understand priorities and be able to guide creative brief and its deliverables from start through final completion.
Our Senior Designer will partner harmoniously with internal Marketing stakeholders, actively collaborate with our highly creative Marketing and UX designers and be able to mentor and guide junior designers, external resources, and vendors.
You’re Responsible For
- Conceptual design exploration and execution of Customer Marketing campaigns across web, digital and print.
- Review and collaborate with our partners to develop creative briefs and design strategy of integrated marketing campaigns and communications
- Collaboration and working with junior designers, UX designers and external resources to develop campaign deliverables as well as the ability to work autonomously on key projects.
- Creating a seamless design experience and ensuring quality across print, product UX, and digital communications touchpoints for our customers and their members
- Being a key brand steward and ensuring design reflects best practices for both our Castlight brand and our key Customer brands
- Developing and evolving brand design systems, improving process, creating new templates and self-service tools, maintaining, organizing, and updating corporate guidance and assets
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders to plan design concepts and strategies to reach a particular audience and refine major sales pitches and key initiatives.
- Design of creative concept illustration, infographics, and data visualizations for digital communications, video, presentations, and animation
- Mentoring junior designers to maintain and co-create on-brand design systems, assets, and templates
- Providing creative concepts and conceptual storyboard for photography, video, and animation
- Developing and evolving design process as business and creative needs change
- Keeping up to date on product design strategy with an understanding of user experience design and ability to collaborate with product UX designers
- Ensuring internal stakeholder and customer satisfaction while retaining a high standard of quality design work
- 8+ years of full-time in-house or agency experience as a Brand, Communications, UX designer, Visual Designer, or Graphic designer.
- A strong online portfolio that demonstrates your strategic design thinking and core crafts across a variety of client categories, design formats and methodologies is required.
- Enthusiasm for the Healthcare industry consumer experience and innovative tech. Interest in helping to solve the challenges of navigating a complex Healthcare industry a major plus, willingness to learn about our industry and customer concerns required
- Ability to translate sales and business objectives into effective communication solutions with proven, excellent, and elevated presentation skills.
- Exhibit experience with complex assignments with a proven understanding of design strategy, branding & marketing best practices, email communications best practices, and industry trends incorporating animation, video, social media.
- Exhibit understanding of Brand design principles, brand guidelines development and asset management best practices.
- Exhibit understanding of integrated, digital marketing campaign development, demand gen, email and social marketing design best practices and trends
- Understanding of Web and UX design principles. Experience and interest in product UX design a huge plus, ability to understand and keep up to date on our product design is required.
- Confidence, ability to present design strategy and lead creative meetings
- Ability to work harmoniously with stakeholders and multi-disciplinary designers, to develop and provide a trusted and dependable partnership. Ability to collaborate and work autonomously.
- Organized, self-motivated, efficient, and accountable. Able to manage multiple and complex projects in a timely manner with effective time management skills. Ability to understand key business goals and priorities and to balance workload accordingly
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills, able to successfully communicate project requirements and design concepts to internal teams, and customers
- Experience working in fast-paced, Tech and Health Tech startups a plus
- Proven proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), Sketch app, Invision, and Invision DSM, Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Sharepoint, Teams)
- Video production and animation software such as Adobe AfterAffects a major plus. Ability to provide direction for video and animation work is required.
- Experience with email production a plus, understanding of best practices required.
* Requirement to submit a link to your online portfolio for consideration, along with your resume.
* San Francisco Bay Area or US Remote candidates. *