The Sr. Compensation & Analytics Analyst takes an enthusiastic and detail-oriented approach to developing and supporting the People Strategy compensation programs, as key member of the Total Rewards and Operations team. Reporting to the VP of People Operations, this role will be a trusted compensation partner to HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition and Business Leaders, providing detailed compensation thought leadership alongside providing the people analytics that help us optimize our workforce and rewards strategy. If you are ready to get into the data and solve problems, using these tools to motivate employees to accomplish amazing things together, we invite you to join us.
Position Responsibilities (what you will do):
- Develop and drive a compensation framework that will motivate and reward employees, across multiple business units, including technology R&D, Sales, Clinical Operations, Care Delivery and Executive compensation
- Support the execution and delivery of all compensation projects and programs, influencing, educating and collaborating with the stakeholders for optimum execution leveraging expertise in proactively understanding changes in legislation, practices and trends for our industry and markets; proposing solutions/recommendations to stakeholders in order to drive the company’s strategy
- Dive deep into people analytics, providing data to People Strategy and Business Leaders to help drive critical programs and key business results
- Deep understanding of the right mix of compensation (base, bonus, equity, other rewards) towards retaining and hiring a talented and motivated workforce
- Assist in the development, execution and communication of and compensation programs, as well as facilitate focal review cycles
- Ensure our programs are market-competitive through informed benchmarking, aligned with our business goals and in compliance with company policies and relevant government regulations
- Provide expertise and guidance on pay decisions (new hire, promotion, or adjustments), and job leveling
- Oversee the compensation process, including the planning and implementation of annual compensation and promotion cycle, creating job families, and reviewing job matching, FLSA classification.
- Monitor compensation, legislative trends in the competitive market and ensure our total rewards portfolio attracts, retains, and rewards high performers and key talent
- Work closely with our finance equity administration team to include to manage appropriate equity awards to a defined cap table
- Manage all reward-related survey submissions
- Review job descriptions to ensure organization requirements and title standards are being met and market pricing accurately reflects the role
- Act as escalation point to research and resolve complex inquiries regarding compensation operations
- Monitor and maintain compliance of compensation plans and programs including identifying risks, participating in audits and recommending and delivering corrective or preventive actions
- Collaborate with functional teams to collectively achieve performance indicators
- Identify and recommend opportunities for improvements to existing systems and processes, by working collaboratively within the HR team to ensure consistency of execution of end-to-end HR processes, across regions and functional areas
- Provide ad-hoc analytics support to stakeholders on an as-needed basis
- Perform job evaluations and market pricing in alignment with global principles and processes
- Participate in Annual Salary Surveys
- Responsible for review and analysis of market data, market trends, and internal equity; ensure competitive positioning within the market and apply knowledge of business and industry best practice
- Execute and administer annual compensation planning
Position Qualifications (what you will bring):
- Minimum 5-7+ years of progressive HR experience, with 5+ years of Compensation analysis experience is required
- Strong knowledge and understanding of HR policies, processes, employment laws and total rewards
- Both private company and public company experience preferred
- Experience with Sales compensation and Executive compensation
- Ability to use business judgment when assessing requirements, in order to identify the right solution to meet business needs
- Experience working with Workday
- Compensation specialty certification to demonstrate theoretical understanding and application of HR practices
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and convincing way to stakeholders
- Demonstrated analytical abilities, attention to detail and the ability to successfully manage multiple competing tasks and priorities
- Ability to network across the organization to align with organization objectives and strategy in order to operationalize and deliver enterprise-wide solutions.
- Practical operational experience of other HR processes, e.g., talent acquisition, payroll, performance
- Demonstrated continuous improvement mindset
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in HR/compensation, actuarial studies, accounting, or other related fields; MBA or MA preferred
- International compensation and benefits experience is a plus, but not required
- Experience taking a compensation model from private to public
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight. That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.