Technical Project Manager
Location: San Francisco, CA or Remote
Castlight is seeking an experienced Technical Project Manager to join our R&D Operations team. This role will work closely with the Product and Engineering organizations to help impactful products be built efficiently and effectively.
You’ll help drive cross-functional projects and lead R&D coordination for large scale products and mission critical business initiatives.
- Oversee project lifecycle from initial scoping to final deliverables for multiple simultaneously running projects within the Product and Engineering organization.
- Analyze, plan, and develop requirements and standards for scheduled projects.
- Determine and define clear deliverables, roles and responsibilities for staff members required for specific projects or initiatives.
- Gather, create, and document product requirements and specifications.
- Provide technical coordination but not line management of cross functional teams.
- Provide technical coordination with partner R&D teams outside of Castlight.
- Hold regular technical team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects.
- Provide appropriate visibility into status, accomplishments, and risks for Product and Engineering Leadership.
- Manage third party vendor integrations.
- 3+ years hands-on experience in project management, program management, release management and/or engineering management working on software engineering projects.
- Must have a technical background and be able to balance technical prowess required for the role with the soft skills necessary for management and leadership.
- Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies, and methods.
- Demonstrated understanding of Scaled Agile or similar framework.
- Advanced JIRA and Confluence knowledge.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others.
- Creativity in discovering actionable results and ability to succeed in a collaborative, fast-paced, global environment.
- Ability to be an influential member of a highly integrated team composed of both technical and non-technical members.
- Experience dealing with third party vendors and applying negotiating and influencing skills.
- Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality.
- Ability to apply analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to predict challenges and seek to proactively head-off obstacles.
- Developer experience is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of healthcare and/or digital health is preferred but not required.
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight.
That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.