Product Analytics Analyst
About the Role
Our team is seeking an Analyst who will be responsible for building and delivering analytics and tools to our internal teams and customers to help create a culture of data-driven decision-making. This role is designed to help answer the ‘so what’ type of questions that emerge from Castlight’s broad spectrum of medical cost and behavioral-related data (think wearables and other digital health applications). The Analyst in this role will define and execute on a strategy to help our internal teams and customers better understand the impact of our products on employee behaviors, health, and medical cost, which will in turn help Castlight optimize decisions about how to build and configure our products. This position will require both technical analytics skills as well as project and stakeholder management experience.
About the Team
Castlight’s Product Analytics team has a wide scope of work and is responsible for producing data-driven insights to support Castlight’s internal Product and Executive teams. On a daily basis, you will work across the company to drive projects in analytics and will ultimately be responsible for making data both accurate and accessible to our stakeholders. In addition, you will have the opportunity to drive projects across Castlight’s internal teams to build process behind how Castlight uses and learns from data. We’re a fun, quick-moving team, and we’re looking for someone to help us spread our insights across our organization; our goal is to create a data-driven culture within our business.
In this role you will be on the cutting edge of health and wellness-related analytics. As a platform in the healthcare benefits space, Castlight gathers data from each of its partners in numerous categories, including: activity, sleep, nutrition, biometrics, health risk assessment, brain health, pregnancy, weight management, healthcare claims fitness trackers, and more. This creates the opportunity to aggregate data and deliver insights across health data types that no other health space player has. This role will report directly to the Analytics Team lead.
Business Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain business analytics dashboards to understand how our products and key features are performing, at both the customer- and feature-level
- Manage cross-team data dependencies, including both tracking key dependencies and highlighting risks to data availability or quality
- Work with our Product Insights lead to uncover actionable takeaways for our internal teams
- Deliver ad hoc analytics requests; help Product Managers shape questions into something that will product meaningful & actionable data
Technical Role and Data Tools:
- Demonstrated proficiency in multiple of the below areas is preferred, the rest will be learned
- Write complex SQL/MySQL/PostgreSQL queries to extract data from analytics databases
- Use SQL commands to ingest data, create and index new analytics tables
- Write Python scripts to support automation of recurring analytics jobs
- Structure methods to validate the quality of analytics data sources
- Develop feature instrumentation standards, and assist with QA alongside product managers
- Use Gitlab to document queries/codes and interact with other developers
- Create customer-facing reports and dashboards (Tableau Desktop)
- Publish reports/data sources on Tableau Server
- Perform statistical analysis using R programming
- Data toolkit: DataGrip / MySQL Workbench / Gitlab / PyCharm / Airflow / Tableau / R Studio /
Who you are:
- 2+ years work experience in healthcare or related vertical, in data-centric role
- A quantitative whiz who loves data
- Experience working with medical cost trend analysis a major plus
- Humble, hungry, and smart. A natural sense of curiosity, and an effective problem solver
- Self-sufficient, ready to roll up your sleeves, and not afraid of ambiguity
- Able to communicate equally effectively between many different types of stakeholders
About Castlight Health
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world's first comprehensive app for all health needs. We guide individuals - based on their unique profile - to the best resources available to them, whether they are healthy, chronically ill, or actively seeking medical care. In doing so, we help companies regain control over rising healthcare costs and get more value from their benefits investments. Castlight revolutionized the healthcare sector with the introduction of data-driven price transparency tools in 2008 and the first consumer-grade wellbeing platform in 2012. Today, Castlight serves as the health navigation platform for millions of people and is a trusted partner to many of the largest employers in the world.
For more information visit www.castlighthealth.com.
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight. That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world’s first comprehensive app for all health needs. We guide individuals—based on their unique profile—to the best resources available to them, whether they are healthy, chronically ill, or actively seeking medical care. In doing so, we help companies regain control over rising healthcare costs and get more value from their benefits investments. Castlight revolutionized the healthcare sector with the introduction of data-driven price transparency tools in 2008 and the first consumer-grade wellbeing platform in 2012. Today, Castlight serves as the health navigation platform for millions of people and is a trusted partner to many of the largest employers in the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco, and can be found online at www.castlighthealth.com and on the New York Stock Exchange as CSLT.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.