Castlight Health is on a mission to fix our broken healthcare system while helping employers and individuals to save money while getting better care. We're looking for a multi-talented developer with experience building well-engineered SaaS based scalable distributed enterprise applications. The ideal candidate will have top-notch Backend development skills and interest in doing full stack development. This is an opportunity to work with an exceptionally collaborative and inclusive group of people who value the people they work with above all. If you’d like to join us in living our dream of working on things that matter and transforming healthcare, reach out to us!
- Designing, developing and implementing high performance, scalable distributed web applications using Java J2EE and Spring framework.
- Designing and developing REST API, microservices design, and integration points for various platform services.
- Bringing in knowledge of industry standard best practices and evolving our technology footprint.
- Enhancing our database and file storage tier using proven methodologies to achieve horizontal scale
- Individual must demonstrate ability to influence positive change/results in all areas of software development amongst a talented team of engineers.
- Builds strong relationships across the technical organization to better leverage other expertise and tools throughout the organization.
- Understands complex systems and complex requirements and formulates optimal designs to meet current and future needs that align with Enterprise Architecture.
- 3+ years of experience as a Backend Software Engineer working on highly scalable platforms and applications using Java (J2EE)
- Good knowledge of REST APIs, Spring framework, Microservices architecture, performance testing, and optimization
- Strong knowledge of SQL and database programming
- Ability to work in an Agile environment where small increments of a product can be shipped on a regular basis and improved over time
- Integrating with third party APIs
- Experience with Kafka or other messaging system a plus
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Proven experience implementing high performance endpoints that scale with an increasing user base over time
- Ability to make decisions from an architectural and product standpoint based on analytics and user data
- Proactive approach to design and architecture problems, and the ability to identify and overcome potential problems ahead of time
- Ability to adapt and plan for requirements that change as new feedback and user data comes in
- Passion for keeping things as simple as possible
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight. That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world’s first comprehensive app for all health needs. We guide individuals—based on their unique profile—to the best resources available to them, whether they are healthy, chronically ill, or actively seeking medical care. In doing so, we help companies regain control over rising healthcare costs and get more value from their benefits investments. Castlight revolutionized the healthcare sector with the introduction of data-driven price transparency tools in 2008 and the first consumer-grade wellbeing platform in 2012. Today, Castlight serves as the health navigation platform for millions of people and is a trusted partner to many of the largest employers in the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco, and can be found online at www.castlighthealth.com and on the New York Stock Exchange as CSLT.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.