Castlight Health is looking for an enthusiastic, relationship-oriented, self-starter to join our Business Development team. Business Development is a close-knit team of top performers and is seeking a new team member who will be responsible for identifying partnership opportunities, creating an ecosystem of valuable partners, and representing our partners to our customers.
The ecosystem is one of Castlight’s key market differentiators, and this role is instrumental in ensuring its success. This role will own a portfolio of platform solutions and be responsible for driving value both for Castlight and for our partners. When our Business Development manager is not hitting the ground developing new relationships and generating opportunities, he/she is spending his/her time understanding the current market landscape, working with product on new proof of concepts, collaborating with marketing to promote our partnerships, and working with customer success and sales to better understand our customer’s needs.
We’re looking for a team member who is excited by the possibilities of digital health, is an expert networker, and thrives working with external stakeholders. The ideal addition to our Business Development team understands the opportunities and pace of change in healthcare and is skilled at listening to the needs of diverse stakeholders and coming up with creative solutions. We’re looking for a goal-oriented individual with a “make it happen” attitude who is also collaborative, has a high EQ, and values the success of the team as a whole. The ability to influence and advocate will be key to being successful in this role.
A successful Business Development Manager will drive new additions to our partner portfolio that create value and new growth opportunities for Castlight.
- Identify new opportunities for partnerships that will drive value for Castlight
- Create strategic assessment of partnership opportunities, including market landscape, competitor landscape, revenue model, and tradeoffs
- Support growth leadership in creating analyses as inputs to new growth opportunities
- Continually assess and evaluate the impact of our partnership portfolio and identify areas for improvement
- Enable customer and sales teams with training and materials necessary to understand and communicate our partner portfolio
- Act as a strategic consultant to field teams, clients, and prospects around our partner portfolio
- Support partner sales operations from pricing to contracting
- 1-3 years work experience in consulting, strategy, finance, or business development
- Strong external presentation skills
- Expert networker
- Deep understanding of the health care industry and the challenges/complexities of industry transformation
- Experience negotiating pricing and contract terms
- Desire to contribute to high visibility, strategic projects within the organization
- Aptitude for understanding and documenting macro trends, market landscapes, and corporate business models
- Accountable, proactive and thoughtful with high attention to detail and strategic problem solving skills
- BS/BA required
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight. That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world’s first comprehensive app for all health needs. We guide individuals—based on their unique profile—to the best resources available to them, whether they are healthy, chronically ill, or actively seeking medical care. In doing so, we help companies regain control over rising healthcare costs and get more value from their benefits investments. Castlight revolutionized the healthcare sector with the introduction of data-driven price transparency tools in 2008 and the first consumer-grade wellbeing platform in 2012. Today, Castlight serves as the health navigation platform for millions of people and is a trusted partner to many of the largest employers in the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco, and can be found online at www.castlighthealth.com and on the New York Stock Exchange as CSLT.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.