Chief Medical Officer
Castlight is looking for a visionary, dynamic Chief Medical Officer to join our executive leadership team, reporting directly to the CEO. The CMO will be responsible for setting and executing the clinical vision for all Castlight’s products, including our Enterprise Employer solution, Health Plan solution and new areas of innovation and growth. We are seeking a leader who can educate and inspire both internally and externally.
The CMO will be responsible for partnering closely with the product team as well as for communicating Castlight’s vision to audiences ranging from senior level executives to large conference audiences. A successful CMO at Castlight will lead with a consumer-first mindset and have a deep passion for guiding consumers to better, more informed healthcare decisions.
- Build a deep understanding of Castlight’s business priorities and establish a clinical vision for Castlight that helps us achieve our goals. Ensure Castlight continues to improve on our product’s ability to drive better health decisions, resulting in higher quality, lower cost care
- Actively seek out creative ways to inspire Castlight’s employees and other stakeholders with this vision
- Partner with product leadership to define how our clinical strategy drives the evolution of Castlight’s Employer and Health Plan products
- Serve as an internal consultant, SME and partner across all functions within the company
- Publicly represent the company as a visionary thought leader by speaking at conferences, participating in interviews with the press and authoring original thought leadership content in partnership with our marketing team
- Represent Castlight’s clinical vision in C-suite and executive-level meetings with employer customers and with health plans
- Actively seek to understand the clinical and business needs of our customers and give guidance to analytics team on appropriate metrics to measure clinical impact of our products. Continue refinement of our strategy and products based on our results
- Establish a research and publication strategy to disseminated Castlight clinical and health economic outcomes (internally and in conjunction with relevant academic and other partners)
- Manage the clinical advisory board
Qualifications & Skills
- Impressive, inspiring, visionary presence with consumer-first philosophy
- Interest in understanding the business needs of Castlight’s customers/partners and the ability to work effectively with business teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work closely with product and engineering and to understand the operations of a technology company
- Analytical approach to measuring clinical impact and driving towards improved clinical results
- 5+ years’ experience in health technology, health plan administration or health systems administration preferred
- MD required
- MBA/MPH/MS and/or previous leadership experience strongly preferred
Based in San Francisco (preferred) with up to 50% travel
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight. That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world’s first comprehensive app for all health needs. We guide individuals—based on their unique profile—to the best resources available to them, whether they are healthy, chronically ill, or actively seeking medical care. In doing so, we help companies regain control over rising healthcare costs and get more value from their benefits investments. Castlight revolutionized the healthcare sector with the introduction of data-driven price transparency tools in 2008 and the first consumer-grade wellbeing platform in 2012. Today, Castlight serves as the health navigation platform for millions of people and is a trusted partner to many of the largest employers in the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco, and can be found online at www.castlighthealth.com and on the New York Stock Exchange as CSLT.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.