Castlight Health is looking for an experienced and high-performing corporate counsel who can thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
You will have a primary focus on transactional support for our Sales and Customer Success teams, and a broad range of responsibilities – including day-to-day legal guidance – for Product, Engineering, Business Development and others.
In addition, you will be involved in a growing array of business and legal issues like data privacy, analytics, international expansion, business partnerships and health care regulation.
The ideal candidate has in-house SaaS experience as a commercial and product attorney, is a seasoned negotiator, and wants to broaden their skill set in a role that will continue to grow with the business.
If you are looking for the opportunity to make a significant impact, Castlight’s legal team provides a close-knit, empowering, and action-oriented environment to take your career and our mission to the next level.
- Negotiating complex customer-facing transactional agreements in support of Sales and Customer Success teams.
- Advising stakeholders regarding privacy, product development, engineering, IP, data security, and other matters related to our products and services.
- Drafting and negotiating in-bound vendor agreements, data use agreements, and customer authorization forms.
- Developing and maintaining a deep understanding of healthcare regulation (e.g. HIPAA, HITECH) and a working knowledge of applicable privacy laws (e.g. GDPR, CCPA) that impact our operations and commercial agreements.
- Handling special projects as requested.
- 4-7 years of relevant experience with emphasis on SaaS and/or healthcare.
- Substantive expertise in data privacy law a plus.
- Team-first outlook, excellent interpersonal skills, strong business judgment, sharp strategic thinking, and superior work ethic.
- Willingness to be involved in all legal aspects of a fast growing company.
- Able to work efficiently with cross-functional teams and manage multiple projects under deadline pressure.
- Excellent language, written and oral, communication skills required.
- Must have a JD from an accredited law school and be an active member in good standing of a Bar (preferably the California Bar).
- This position will report to the Deputy General Counsel.
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight. That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world’s first comprehensive app for all health needs. We guide individuals—based on their unique profile—to the best resources available to them, whether they are healthy, chronically ill, or actively seeking medical care. In doing so, we help companies regain control over rising healthcare costs and get more value from their benefits investments. Castlight revolutionized the healthcare sector with the introduction of data-driven price transparency tools in 2008 and the first consumer-grade wellbeing platform in 2012. Today, Castlight serves as the health navigation platform for millions of people and is a trusted partner to many of the largest employers in the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco, and can be found online at www.castlighthealth.com and on the New York Stock Exchange as CSLT.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.