Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world’s first comprehensive app for all health needs.
The Customer Events Manager at Castlight works with the CSM team to plan and execute user-level events for our B2B customers. The Events Manager will partner with the customer facing CSMs and ACSMs who receive event requests, coordinate a group of events contractors who are trained to share product knowledge with users at these events, and plan with our marketing vendor to insure adequate supply and delivery of materials needed at these events. More importantly, the Events Manager will own the overall process and management of requesting, approving, staffing and executing all customer events.
Activities and skills the Events Manager will be responsible for include:
- Consistently deliver high quality customer events that are a positive experience for the customer, attendee, and CSM, within the constraints of the existing budget
- Create and constantly improve internal processes used to plan and track event preparation and planning
- Create reporting to show effectiveness of processes, and highlight instances when events are at risk due to planning issues
- Create SOPs for CSMs and decks for Customers defining Castlight’s role at events, guidelines around event attendance, and options for obtaining additional event coverage
- Create SOPs, trainings and processes for contractors and other event attendees to ensure attendees arrive at events with the necessary product and customer knowledge
- Work with vendors to determine and design the most effective event materials, including finding new sources when necessary
- Source and implement ideas to improve the quality and consistency of events, and information provided to users
- Understand product and program guidelines, and work to educate contractors and users on the capabilities of and best practices for using the product
- Become fully knowledgeable on all Castlight products, and aware of common or major customer concerns
- Represent Castlight at events throughout the year as allowed by schedule, with a goal of covering half of events outside of the two main peak periods.
- Travel up to 20% to attend benefit fairs, train contractors, and participate in departmental meetings.
- Take on other special projects related to process improvement in the greater CS department during non-peak times
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years experience in B2B customer facing roles
- Working knowledge of the US healthcare system; familiarity with employer-based wellness programs a plus
- Experience creating, executing and tracking success of new processes
- Experience planning customer or marketing events
- Excellent task, project management and time management skills, strong attention to detail
- Excellent listening, communication and presentation skills, and conducting user level training
- Technologically savvy, familiar with both business and consumer web-based software and mobile apps, and skilled in spreadsheet, document, and presentation software
Location: Charlotte, NC
Travel: will require travel, likely less than 20%
Our expectation is that the Events Manager at Castlight will gain knowledge and experience in the role, and over time will progress to higher roles within Customer Success or related areas within the company.
We are one team, on a mission, making things happen.
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight. That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world’s first comprehensive app for all health needs. We guide individuals—based on their unique profile—to the best resources available to them, whether they are healthy, chronically ill, or actively seeking medical care. In doing so, we help companies regain control over rising healthcare costs and get more value from their benefits investments. Castlight revolutionized the healthcare sector with the introduction of data-driven price transparency tools in 2008 and the first consumer-grade wellbeing platform in 2012. Today, Castlight serves as the health navigation platform for millions of people and is a trusted partner to many of the largest employers in the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco, and can be found online at www.castlighthealth.com and on the New York Stock Exchange as CSLT.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.