As a Data Analyst, you are primarily responsible for gathering systems data requirements and drawing out the objectives and scope of systems solutions through systematic analysis of business needs. The Data Analyst should have solid understanding of system development methodologies, familiarity with web services integrations and an excellent grasp of database concepts, data specification, data rules and data quality metrics. You should have strong SQL experience to analyze the issue thoroughly. You will also be expected to complete tasks and activities related to Customer launches, maintenance efforts, production supports to ensure alignment with projects, departments and overall organizational goals. Customer launches includes coordination and facilitation of technical discussions with vendors and external partners in setting up and configuring Single-Sign-On (SSO), bank integrations, data file exchange specifications and other Castlight-specific system integration with external entities.
The ideal candidate is someone who is excited to develop partner relationships, with a keen focus on operational excellence. Wearing a customer hat is paramount, as is having and developing technical fluency around data requirements. This person will have strong communication skills and the ability to lead projects from beginning to end. The responsibilities of this position may change over time—this role requires flexibility and the ability to adapt to the evolving needs of the organization. The candidate should be familiar with healthcare, insurance, provider and benefits data; should bring insights and best practices in managing data acquisition and data cleansing routines. Project management, leadership, initiative and technical skills including some software development experience are integral. Candidate will be required to work non-standard hours at times and will partner with all technology disciplines.
This is a full-time position at our San Francisco headquarters.
Castlight Health is built on the core pillars of Castlight Code: “We are one team on a mission making things happen”. The ideal candidate for this role will represent the best of each of these pillars. They will demand excellence in all aspects of their work, have a passion for learning the ins and outs of data integrations at Castlight and its stakeholders, and will be committed to contributing to the Castlight community.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Acts as the liaison among Professional Services, Customer Success, External Healthcare Payer/Carrier, Customers, Product and Engineering teams) to thoroughly understand data quality requirements and the impact of high/low data quality and get customers launched on time and troubleshoot any open issues
- Serves as an operational point of contact when onboarding new data partners
- Performs functional testing on assigned modules/tasks to ensure it meets data specifications
- Conducts data architecture analysis and develops data flows aligned to enterprise data architecture vision
- Understands and considers the business implications of data, and communicates with impacted groups as necessary.
- Implements appropriate processes for defining data requirements with external and internal partners
- Coordinates internally & externally to define, document, and execute the setup, quality, cadence, and method of delivery of data files
- Operationalizes data onboarding and data maintenance related to the functional area of healthcare payer/carrier data or other customer datasets
- Understands the custom Castlight data models, products, and internal tools that support the data onboarding and maintenance processes
- Completes assigned Customer launch projects and its related activities including but not limited to setting up configurations, troubleshooting and fixing data issues and web services integrations, and acting as technical contact with third party vendors, carriers/payers or customers
- Troubleshoots and problem-solves technical/data-related issues identified through requirements gathering, testing, and/or user-reported escalations. Supports post-production implementations, coordinates or implement data fixes
- Communicates with internal stakeholders regularly to provide status updates and ensures project timelines and scopes are being managed appropriately
- Escalates as appropriate to the Data Management Managers, Engineering and Product Managers, Implementation Managers, Account Executives, and/or Directors on any critical risks or issues that may negatively impact delivery of client requirements and/or client expectations
- Enforces and adheres to organizational processes and standards
- Strong SQL Experience is a must
- Minimum of 5 years of SQL experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Data Analyst or in a similar role.
- Experience in secure file transfer protocol (sFTP), web services integrations and JIRA is preferred.
- Experience with Python or Shell Script is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or Data Science preferred, or equivalent job experience.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication.
- Ability to work well in a team and lead when needed.
- Energetic, creative, flexible and self-motivated.
- Ability to handle fast-paced work flow.
- Detail-oriented and accurate.
- Ability to develop and recommend solutions to problems.
- Ability to discover insights from data.
- Adaptive and open to frequent changes in work environment and prioritization.
- Able to successfully manage multiple competing deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate ownership over tasks and assignments.
- Works on problems of limited to diverse scope involving task specific or cross-functional teams.
- Ability to analyze business processes, best practices, data life cycles, and standard operating procedures.
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight. That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world’s first comprehensive app for all health needs. We guide individuals—based on their unique profile—to the best resources available to them, whether they are healthy, chronically ill, or actively seeking medical care. In doing so, we help companies regain control over rising healthcare costs and get more value from their benefits investments. Castlight revolutionized the healthcare sector with the introduction of data-driven price transparency tools in 2008 and the first consumer-grade wellbeing platform in 2012. Today, Castlight serves as the health navigation platform for millions of people and is a trusted partner to many of the largest employers in the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco, and can be found online at www.castlighthealth.com and on the New York Stock Exchange as CSLT.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.