Data Product Manager: Role Description
The R&D team is focused on prioritizing frictionless access to core company data assets, to support key priorities across our Analytics, User Engagement, Reporting, and Product teams. In support of this goal, Product is seeking a business savvy and technical Data Product Manager who will ensure that EDW developments meet business needs for these key stakeholders. The Data Product Manager will gather and help prioritize data requirements across the company, translate these requirements into clear deliverables for our EDW team and own the successful execution of these data deliverables end to end.
- Actively solicit business data requests from internal teams with a focus on Analytics, User Engagement and Reporting stakeholders
- Create a framework/process for the intake of data requests in the EDW
- Translate high level business data requests into clear, standard data requirements
- In R&D planning cycles, lead the prioritization of EDW requests according to importance, urgency, and level of effort
- Apply scrum and Scaled Agile methodology to data warehouse development
- Ensure that project designs and implementations align with data architectural vision and data governance standards as defined by EDW Data Architecture team and Data Program Manager respectively
- Negotiate and mediate between technical (EDW engineering team and application scrum teams) and non-technical stakeholders to ensure mutual agreement on commitments and timelines
- Collaborate with EDW team developers and manager to develop project schedules and specific deliverables. Manage the schedule to ensure successful delivery of these commitments and coordinate cross-team dependencies
- Triage and mitigate risks to successful execution as they arise; raise visibility of risks to key stakeholders and communicate progress updates
- Communicate the right granularity of both business context and technical information at the right time to the right stakeholders
- 2-3 years of experience in planning and implementing large complex projects as a product manager, program manager or project manager
- 2-3 years of experience in SQL, data warehousing, ETL, and dimensional modeling
- 2 years of experience with BI reporting
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience gathering and translating business requirements for a data Engineering team
- Talent for crisply framing ambiguous or hairy problems and communicating the best path forward
- Ability to translate between technical and non-technical stakeholders and effectively communicate to all levels within an organization
- Excellent people skills including a talent for managing interpersonal challenges with grace and empathy and influencing stakeholders without formal authority
- Must believe in extreme ownership and have the drive to remove roadblocks outside of one’s official scope to get the job done well
- Must be a highly organized and efficient problem solver who is adept at prioritizing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must demonstrate careful attention to detail
- Willingness to work with distributed teams in India and the Bay Area
- Experience with the Scrum and Agile framework
- Passionate about all things data
- Experience with the Scaled Agile framework
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world’s first comprehensive app for all health needs.
We are one team, on a mission, making things happen.
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight. That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world’s first comprehensive app for all health needs. We guide individuals—based on their unique profile—to the best resources available to them, whether they are healthy, chronically ill, or actively seeking medical care. In doing so, we help companies regain control over rising healthcare costs and get more value from their benefits investments. Castlight revolutionized the healthcare sector with the introduction of data-driven price transparency tools in 2008 and the first consumer-grade wellbeing platform in 2012. Today, Castlight serves as the health navigation platform for millions of people and is a trusted partner to many of the largest employers in the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco, and can be found online at www.castlighthealth.com and on the New York Stock Exchange as CSLT.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.