Castlight Health is on a mission to fix our broken healthcare system while helping employers and individuals to save money while getting better care. We're looking for a multi-talented developer with experience building well-engineered Angular user interfaces and CSS components. The ideal candidate will have top-notch development skills and interest in doing full stack development. This is an opportunity to work with an exceptionally collaborative and inclusive group of people who value the people they work with above all. If you’d like to join us in living our dream of working on things that matter and transforming healthcare, reach out to us!
What you will be doing:
- Designing, developing and testing Web and Mobile features using Angular 2.
- Creating reusable HTML/CSS components for use on desktop browsers under the guidance of our UI architect.
- Collaborating with our User Experience (UX) designers to create intuitive, performant and accessible user interfaces to keep our Net Promoter Score (NPS) high.
- Enhancing our Java REST APIs as needed.
- Championing DevOps culture, agile methodology, automated testing, and software reliability.
- Collaborating on technical designs with the other talented engineers on your scrum team and with our system architects.
- Writing technical design documents and Confluence ‘How-To’s that will save engineers time.
- Conducting code reviews in a way that fosters teamwork while ensuring robust, easily-maintainable code.
- 2+ years of experience creating reusable CSS components.
- Deep knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 (ideally SASS or LESS), and experience supporting graceful degradation for their precursors.
- 2+ years of experience doing Mobile development is a plus.
- Knows how to make the best use of object orientation, functions, and scope.
- Uses good naming; writes short methods with single responsibility and limited nesting.
- Consistently writes automated testing, relentlessly overcoming challenges with CI.
- Proven ability to write clean, compatible, legible markup that integrates smoothly while maintaining portability, reusability, and scalability.
- Great attention to detail and the tenacity to create pixel perfect user interfaces.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
Skills that would be nice to have:
- Java, particularly in the context of RESTful services, or be excited about learning it.
- SQL (MySQL) or Mongo DB database experience.
- Knowledge in Typescript, Ionic, or native application development in iOS and/or Android.
- Computer Science Degree is a strong plus.
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight. That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world’s first comprehensive app for all health needs. We guide individuals—based on their unique profile—to the best resources available to them, whether they are healthy, chronically ill, or actively seeking medical care. In doing so, we help companies regain control over rising healthcare costs and get more value from their benefits investments. Castlight revolutionized the healthcare sector with the introduction of data-driven price transparency tools in 2008 and the first consumer-grade wellbeing platform in 2012. Today, Castlight serves as the health navigation platform for millions of people and is a trusted partner to many of the largest employers in the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco, and can be found online at www.castlighthealth.com and on the New York Stock Exchange as CSLT.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.