The Principal Customer Success Manager (Principal CSM) at Castlight Health plays a key role in helping our clients achieve success. The Principal CSM owns a small number (one or two) of highly strategic clients and acts as the quarterback for the client throughout their relationship with us. The focus is on relationship building, understanding client needs and managing the contractual fulfillment of assigned accounts. The ideal candidate will have a background in large customer relationship management, healthcare, and SaaS platforms.
This role requires flexibility and the ability to adapt to the evolving needs of the organization. This is a senior level individual contributor role with growth opportunities aligned with the expansion of the accounts and their participation with Castlight.
- Develop relationships with client that are deep enough to allow us to understand their broader health and wellbeing strategy
- Develop Success Plans in cooperation with the client and coordinate the activates necessary to deliver on the plan.
- Own all aspects of customer renewals and coordinate with the sales team on upsells
- Must be well versed in issue management, including appropriate escalation internally and expectation management with the client.
- Organize and lead effective customer interactions, from weekly meetings to day-long workshops
- Execute on the internal administrative tasks necessary to keep our team informed and manage the business.
- 10+ years of experience servicing National enterprise accounts for both services and support
- Proven success with Fortune 100 account management
- 5+ years of experience in consulting program management
- At least 2+ years within benefits industry
- Strategic thinker who is capable of blending technology and business strategy to develop customer account success plans
- Excellent listening, communication and presentation skills; influence effectively at all levels of the organization, including C-level
- Comfortable giving product demonstrations
- Possess strong leadership skills including: strong sense of ownership, confidence with humility
- Process-driven and analytical thinker
- High level of comfort with fast-paced environments; self-starter, ready to roll up your sleeves
- Education BA/BS required
- Willingness to travel up to 30-40% of the time to clients, Castlight headquarters (SF) and appropriate industry events
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight. That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world’s first comprehensive app for all health needs. We guide individuals—based on their unique profile—to the best resources available to them, whether they are healthy, chronically ill, or actively seeking medical care. In doing so, we help companies regain control over rising healthcare costs and get more value from their benefits investments. Castlight revolutionized the healthcare sector with the introduction of data-driven price transparency tools in 2008 and the first consumer-grade wellbeing platform in 2012. Today, Castlight serves as the health navigation platform for millions of people and is a trusted partner to many of the largest employers in the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco, and can be found online at www.castlighthealth.com and on the New York Stock Exchange as CSLT.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.