The Regional Sales Director’s (RSD) primary focus is revenue attainment in a focused geography. The RSD is responsible for leading some of Castlight Health’s most complex, and ultimately most valuable, customer relationships. The RSD mobilizes customers to not simply purchase Castlight products, but to advocate for business partnerships that are critical to the health of Castlight’s business. In this way, the RSD advances the goals of both business development and sales, and works closely with both teams.
The RSD is dedicated to a group of the largest, most high profile accounts in the U.S., with the objective of inspiring a deep, long-lasting partnership in which these accounts work closely with the RSD to further Castlight’s mission. A partnership will include purchase of the product, but also entails a commitment to campaign and lobby for shared interests.
The RSD will enable Castlight to remain on the cutting edge of establishing healthcare navigation for employers and employees. In addition to the duties and qualifications below, we are looking for colleagues with a demonstrated passion for the mission of the company.
- Lead a sales process that results in a commitment to purchase the Castlight product
- Seek participation in Castlight campaigns and lobbying efforts that advance Castlight interests (e.g., sharing of data from key partners)
- Coordinate with sales team when RSD support is needed with traditional sales accounts
- Partner with colleagues in business development to advance strategic goals
- Build coalitions of stakeholders and coordinate a “call to action”
- Document and communicate feedback from the field
- Balance a proactive, passionate style with sensitivity to delicate partnership development
- Maintain and update information in SFDC
- Act as a true team player, recognizing that RSD’s must interface with multiple groups within Castlight
- 7+ years experience in sales and/or partnership development
- Successful sales history and consistent 100% quota attainment for past 3+ years
- Moderate travel required
- BA or BS required
- MD or MBA preferred
- SFDC experience preferred
- Experience in healthcare, HR / benefits preferred
- Experience building partnerships that enable significant revenue generation, and / or experience leading sales with multi-million dollar contract values
- Fluency in relationship-building, particularly with key decision-makers
- Ability to adapt / modulate style according to different settings
- Excellent poise and presentation skills
- Experience with large, complex business partnerships
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight. That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world’s first comprehensive app for all health needs. We guide individuals—based on their unique profile—to the best resources available to them, whether they are healthy, chronically ill, or actively seeking medical care. In doing so, we help companies regain control over rising healthcare costs and get more value from their benefits investments. Castlight revolutionized the healthcare sector with the introduction of data-driven price transparency tools in 2008 and the first consumer-grade wellbeing platform in 2012. Today, Castlight serves as the health navigation platform for millions of people and is a trusted partner to many of the largest employers in the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco, and can be found online at www.castlighthealth.com and on the New York Stock Exchange as CSLT.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.