The Resilience Engineering group is a team of engineers with relationships across the company. Our goal as SREs is to provide a support structure for Engineering and enable problem-solving as well as assist in operational tasks. We have team members in India, Mountain View, Colorado and San Francisco, and collaborate to ensure long-term scalable solutions.
As a Resilience Engineering Manager, you will be the lead of a team of SREs involved in every facet of our Healthcare services. We champion DevOps and a collaborative team culture. Resilience Engineers at Castlight are expected to be not just accountable but responsible, and as Manager, your focus is to enable engineers to not just build things right, but also in the right way.
This is a management position and is a largely independent one requiring initiative, individual responsibility, and a hands-on approach.
- Participate as a technical expert providing solutions to operations problems.
- Participate as a technical resource on the team to work with Engineering to scale our infrastructure.
- Implement techniques for keeping systems available by designing simple, repeatable, and reliable solutions.
- Linux systems administration, configuration, troubleshooting and automation.
- Administration of virtualized platforms in our DataCenter as well as on AWS.
- Manage large-scale projects across the full infrastructure.
- Participate in the on-call rotation as an escalated resource.
- 8+ years in Operations and/or DevOps
- 5+ years experience with Linux/UNIX systems administration.
- 3+ years Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- 3+ years VMWare
- Solid experience with configuration management toolset.
- Experience managing large scale projects.
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration (Mesos/Kubernetes) preferred.
- Experience with Apache, Tomcat, Cassandra, Kafka, and MySQL.
- IP networking, including familiarity with the functionality, operating, and failure modes of networks.
- Proven technical troubleshooting and performance tuning experience.
- Experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment.
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight. That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world’s first comprehensive app for all health needs. We guide individuals—based on their unique profile—to the best resources available to them, whether they are healthy, chronically ill, or actively seeking medical care. In doing so, we help companies regain control over rising healthcare costs and get more value from their benefits investments. Castlight revolutionized the healthcare sector with the introduction of data-driven price transparency tools in 2008 and the first consumer-grade wellbeing platform in 2012. Today, Castlight serves as the health navigation platform for millions of people and is a trusted partner to many of the largest employers in the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco, and can be found online at www.castlighthealth.com and on the New York Stock Exchange as CSLT.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.