We're hiring a data scientist to help personalize our application's Health Journeys feature on a deep level for our users. Castlight's signature product is a health and wellness platform that helps users navigate their health benefits and improve their experience in our healthcare system. The team you will be joining has already leveraged data science and machine learning techniques to build critical, revenue-driving products for the business. We are actively engaged in bringing research prototypes into production, performing basic research on new initiatives, and developing multiple new products.
You will work closely with machine learning engineers and data/infrastructure engineers to provide insights into an incredibly rich set of data that includes healthcare data, wearables information, and self-reported information. These insights will help provide focus and direction to personalization features in our applications. Your contributions will include exploratory analyses, modeling, and contributing to the development of an efficient, scalable platform to deliver results into production environments.
The ideal candidate will have some experience working with rich, multi-faceted data to develop product features tailored for users and measurements for performance, including user classification/clustering, recommendation systems, and A/B and other experiment design. You are as comfortable preparing a report with a high-level data analysis or model performance assessment as you are writing python code for deployment of your modeling and other efforts into a production environment.
- BS in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering (MS or PhD preferred)
- BS and 5 years, MS and 3 years, or PhD and 1 year of experience in a data science role engaged in all aspects of work to bring insights to production: exploratory analysis and reporting, feature engineering, developing machine learning models and continuously evaluating their performance for the purposes of tuning and enhancement
- Ability to perform independent research and analysis of complex data sets and communicate insights derived from this research to other stakeholders
- Experience contributing to or developing code leveraging scientific and machine learning libraries in Python (e.g. numpy, pandas, scikit-learn) and deployed in a production environment, including participating in code reviews and collaborating with infrastructure and other engineers
- Experience with SQL
- Experience working with healthcare (e.g. claims) data, especially in HIPAA environments
- Creativity and a startup mindset - we look to our data scientists to independently generate important new product and feature ideas
- Comfortable in a Unix environment
- Experience working in an agile environment
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight. That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world’s first comprehensive app for all health needs. We guide individuals—based on their unique profile—to the best resources available to them, whether they are healthy, chronically ill, or actively seeking medical care. In doing so, we help companies regain control over rising healthcare costs and get more value from their benefits investments. Castlight revolutionized the healthcare sector with the introduction of data-driven price transparency tools in 2008 and the first consumer-grade wellbeing platform in 2012. Today, Castlight serves as the health navigation platform for millions of people and is a trusted partner to many of the largest employers in the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco, and can be found online at www.castlighthealth.com and on the New York Stock Exchange as CSLT.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.