Senior Director, Analytics
Analytics at Castlight is a critical function that drives our Product Roadmap, ensures we demonstrate value to our customers, and enables our mission of steering users to the best care for them. Our team is focused on answering questions like: Are we steering users to the highest quality, lowest cost providers? Are we driving medical cost savings for our customers? Is our product delivering value and engaging users, and where should we invest to maximize product value?
Our team builds models that power customer reporting, defines metrics that power product analytics reporting, and researches new areas of opportunity for the product, as well as strategic growth vectors for the business. The team partners closely with key stakeholders across the major functions of the business, including Product, Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, and Engineering to define and tackle the most important questions facing the business.
We are looking for an Analytics team lead, who can manage a talented group of analysts, data scientists and healthcare actuaries to achieve these key objectives and develop a best-in-class analytics team that spans Product Analytics, Customer Analytics, Healthcare Analytics, and Analytics Infrastructure functions.
- Develop and own strategic vision and quarterly roadmap for Analytics; think critically to test hypotheses and prioritize analyses that support key stakeholders and deliver highest value insights for the business
- Partner cross-functionally with key stakeholders:
- Product Management to deliver insights and influence Product roadmap development
- Customer Success to develop and refine reporting packages and develop analytical tools for CS to share insights with customers, including reporting on Cost Savings (ROI)
- Sales and Product Marketing to develop proof points for the market
- Build and manage healthcare claims tools (e.g. risk adjustment software), savings methodologies, and claims-based reporting
- Build executive & product dashboards to provide visibility and access to key metrics, define targets for KPIs, and track progress against targets
- Support the team in creating data models with accuracy and efficiency, identify the best methodology, and design outputs to showcase findings in a digestible way
- Provide technical oversight to Analytics Infrastructure team:
- Oversee work of our Data Engineer to keep workflow management and data pipelines up to date
- Work with Engineering and Data Management to solve for technical dependencies
- Provide strategic thought partnership to the leadership team on corporate growth opportunities as they relate to driving steerage and population health
- Establish and maintain a culture of data driven decision making; lead Analytics SteerCo to ensure visibility and alignment with cross-functional leadership team
- Inspire, lead, and grow our team, embodying our company culture and values
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in analytics
- Strong business and strategic thinker, ensure analytics function supports key business objectives
- Minimum of 5 years team leadership / people management experience, strong cross-functional leadership and execution
- Healthcare data or population health experience
- Experience working in, or with, Product Management organizations
- Experience with statistical modeling techniques and common analytical frameworks
- Ability to deliver consistent and accurate operational reporting
- Technical expertise:
- Expert with PostgreSQL
- Experienced with Python
- Experience with visualization platforms (Tableau ideally)
- Experience with MPP databases (Redshift, Vertica)
- Ideal candidates will also have:
- Advanced degree (Quantitative MBA, CS, ML)
- Experience with Apache Airflow or Pivotal GreenPlum
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight. That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world’s first comprehensive app for all health needs. We guide individuals—based on their unique profile—to the best resources available to them, whether they are healthy, chronically ill, or actively seeking medical care. In doing so, we help companies regain control over rising healthcare costs and get more value from their benefits investments. Castlight revolutionized the healthcare sector with the introduction of data-driven price transparency tools in 2008 and the first consumer-grade wellbeing platform in 2012. Today, Castlight serves as the health navigation platform for millions of people and is a trusted partner to many of the largest employers in the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco, and can be found online at www.castlighthealth.com and on the New York Stock Exchange as CSLT.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.