Castlight Health is looking for a well-rounded Full Stack Engineer with mobile web development experience who is interested in delivering snappy, well designed, intuitive interfaces using modern web technologies for our mobile users and develop the microservices for consumption by mobile and web. Our platform interacts with a multitude of health/fitness devices and apps in real-time data streams. This is an opportunity to be part of a promising company in the exciting digital health/fitness space and to drive a new generation health/fitness platform architecture.
If you’ve got the right skills and passion, reach out to us!
What you'll be doing:
- Implement new features in a highly collaborative environment with product managers, UI/UX experts, and fellow engineers
- Deliver innovative, engaging client-facing products on mobile devices (iOS/Android) and mobile web apps
- Create restful APIs services for consumption by mobile and web platforms.
- Work closely with front-end and Back-end developers across the organization to continuously improve our ability to deliver high-performance apps
- Analyze and evolve components to scale and address new requirements
- With the QA team, jointly develop strategies for automating testing across multiple platforms.
To do this you must be highly skilled in full-stack mobile application development. Ideally, you have skills and experience in native application development in iOS and/or Android. You must be able to structure your code well to be understood and used by others. Ideal candidates will have experience with atomic design, creating/maintaining pattern and component libraries, and writing elegant and reusable code.
- 5+ years working in the software industry
- 2+ years Restful API development experience using Java Spring MVC
- Knowledge in Typescript, Ionic are a strong plus
- Experience and knowledge in object-oriented technologies
- Experience in mobile web animations
- Computer Science degree is a plus
- Experience working with agile development teams involved in new product development
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Angular 2 and Ionic 2
- Experience with Native Mobile Applications in iOS and/or Android development
- Experience with Kubernetes and dockers
- Healthcare experience
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight. That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world’s first comprehensive app for all health needs. We guide individuals—based on their unique profile—to the best resources available to them, whether they are healthy, chronically ill, or actively seeking medical care. In doing so, we help companies regain control over rising healthcare costs and get more value from their benefits investments. Castlight revolutionized the healthcare sector with the introduction of data-driven price transparency tools in 2008 and the first consumer-grade wellbeing platform in 2012. Today, Castlight serves as the health navigation platform for millions of people and is a trusted partner to many of the largest employers in the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco, and can be found online at www.castlighthealth.com and on the New York Stock Exchange as CSLT.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.