We're looking for an experienced Senior Manager, Enterprise Data Warehouse (Architect-level) to join our team. This person will be very hands-on, at an Architect-level, and will report directly to the VP of Enterprise Data Management. They will be responsible for overseeing and supporting the current and future state of Castlight Health’s reporting, analytics, data integration and data governance needs. This Senior Manager will work closely with our leadership team to develop the strategy, technical solution and implementation roadmap. They will be responsible for the ongoing and daily operational support needs of the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and Business Intelligence (BI) functions; will advocate and promote best practices across EDW, BI (reporting and analytics) and Data Governance initiatives. They will lead the projects to design and build EDW data environments that provides trusted and quality data supporting reporting, analytics, product research, information dashboards and other end-user information portals and resources.
They will also provide architecture designs to store data at every step of data warehousing and business intelligence process from the external data sources to operational systems to the analytic applications and designs central repository of detailed, historical and enterprise-wide information from various database platforms and external data sources. They will develop information management guidelines for data warehousing architecture and data integration processes/pipelines to obtain data (i.e. extract, transform, load, change data capture and data cleansing tools to support data warehouse) and must be expert in designing data warehouse models and schemas.
Furthermore, they will provide the technical foundation for deriving business value from the data warehouse assets; should facilitate the required data analysis and data reporting requirements; and should have the technical knowledge of the combination of technologies to support reporting, data distributions and analytics. They will provide a robust data warehouse infrastructure (traditional RDBMS and big data platforms) and specialized data warehouse tools to support all aspects of data development, integrations and operations.
This is a full-time position at our San Francisco headquarters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the delivery of all projects, programs and tactics covering all aspects of EDW, reporting and analytics requirements.
- Lead by example, engaging hands-on in complex data challenges to come up with data solutions and projects that can derive insights from data.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, subject matter expert and senior managers to frame, structure and prioritize business problems where data insights can have big impacts.
- Strategically drives designs and implementations of data warehouse, data marts, and data stores, while ensuring high levels of data quality, availability and accessibility. Defines and implements enterprise wide data standards. Designs conceptual and logical models for the data warehouse, data mart, staging, and the operational data stores.
- Drives definition, development, and implementation of ETL principles, standards, and guidance to support business intelligence and application development needs.
- Drives development of data stores to provide central integration of a given subject such as patient, claims, benefits, etc. that feed operational systems, warehouse and other internal and external data systems.
- Uses best practice to develop data sources to provide content-specific data to business area and implement aggregations as required.
- Attract, develop and retain talent to improve team productivity, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics or Data Science
- 7+ years of related data warehouse experience (including being hands-on at a Senior/Architect-level)
- 3+ years of hands managerial and project/program management experience
- Related work experience within the Healthcare Technology Industry or Insurance Industry; experience working with healthcare payers/carriers in managing provider, claims, medical or patients data strongly desired
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to synthesize complex issues/scenarios into easy-to-understand concepts
- Excellent client engagement and management skills
- Energetic, creative, flexible and self-motivated
- Ability to handle fast-paced work flow
- Works on problems of limited to diverse scope involving task specific or cross-functional teams
- Applied experience in secure file transfer protocol (sFTP), web services integrations, Salesforce, and JIRA is preferred
- Applied experience in multiple database platforms such as Greenplum, MongoDB, is a BIG plus
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight. That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world’s first comprehensive app for all health needs. We guide individuals—based on their unique profile—to the best resources available to them, whether they are healthy, chronically ill, or actively seeking medical care. In doing so, we help companies regain control over rising healthcare costs and get more value from their benefits investments. Castlight revolutionized the healthcare sector with the introduction of data-driven price transparency tools in 2008 and the first consumer-grade wellbeing platform in 2012. Today, Castlight serves as the health navigation platform for millions of people and is a trusted partner to many of the largest employers in the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco, and can be found online at www.castlighthealth.com and on the New York Stock Exchange as CSLT.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.