We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to develop and maintain our corporate and production environments in a secure manner.
In this role, you should have excellent problem-solving skills and thorough knowledge of network administration and architecture. If you’re also passionate about security and data protection, we’d like to meet you.
- Maintain, design and deploy corporate and 24/7 production application networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN, VPN)
- Communicate with and coordinate vendors performing work on datacenter and cloud-based infrastructure
- Collaborate with DevOps and Engineering teams on infrastructure to meet their requirements
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call system for critical production outages
- Configure and install software, routers, switches, firewalls and other network devices
- Monitor network performance and integrity
- Resolve issues by troubleshooting cloud and local infrastructure
- Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness
- Create, oversee and test security measures (e.g. access authentication and disaster recovery)
- Communicate with users when needed
- Maintain complete technical documentation
- Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity and scalability
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Professional certification helpful (e.g. CCNP, CCDP)
- Solid background in network administration and architecture
- In-depth understanding of communication and routing protocols
- Familiarity with access control models and network security
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g. SolarWinds/LogicMonitor)
- Solid understanding of network operating systems (Cisco IOS/Aruba)
- Sharp troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently
- Organizational and project management skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight. That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world’s first comprehensive app for all health needs. We guide individuals—based on their unique profile—to the best resources available to them, whether they are healthy, chronically ill, or actively seeking medical care. In doing so, we help companies regain control over rising healthcare costs and get more value from their benefits investments. Castlight revolutionized the healthcare sector with the introduction of data-driven price transparency tools in 2008 and the first consumer-grade wellbeing platform in 2012. Today, Castlight serves as the health navigation platform for millions of people and is a trusted partner to many of the largest employers in the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco, and can be found online at www.castlighthealth.com and on the New York Stock Exchange as CSLT.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.