We’re looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join our team and be based in our San Francisco office.
What you’ll be doing:
- Participating in all phases of the product development lifecycle, including product ideation and definition, UI design, and user research and testing.
- Enable teams to use research as an input for product strategy and new functionality
- Establish guidelines and techniques that enable Castlight product teams to easily integrate research into the project lifecycle
- Contributing to overall growth of the UX team and evolution of methodology
- Determine how web and mobile technologies impact a design’s feasibility
- Articulate complex product visions through simple, elegant designs
- Craft and communicate compelling experience vision and strategies
- Deliver detailed wireframes, UI specifications, and prototypes
- Design experiences for internal tools and processes
- Collaborate with different disciplines and contribute to experience-based requirements
- Participating or leading "innovation workshops" with product teams
Who you are:
- Have amazing design chops. You’ve shipped many consumer products over the years on both mobile and web (desktop), and understand what it takes to create awesome, consumer-oriented experiences.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges. You’ll provide the thought leadership to develop the right product strategy. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users.
- Have a user-focused design mentality. Even though you have incredible chops, you are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test.
- Ability to understand back-end systems and design accordingly.
- Take a leadership role within a cross-functional team
- Maintain an understanding of digital trends and capabilities and actively participates in establishing a strong design culture
- Articulate decisions with research data, design principles or other objective information
- Evangelize and reinforce the roles and contributions of UX
- A degree in Human Computer Interaction, graphic design, or a relevant field.
- 8-10 years experience delivering complex websites or v1 products; preferably experience with SaaS and mobile products.
- Deep knowledge of design principles and methods, innovation, ideation tools, storytelling, prototyping, design frameworks, concept visualization
- Organized, self-directed, efficient and able to manage multiple and complex projects in a timely manner
- Familiarity with user research methods
- Familiarity with web and mobile technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions; hands-on expertise with prototyping a plus
- Ability to move seamlessly between defining strategy and hands-on design work to deliver experiences that are both delightful and easy to use
- Big pluses: Enterprise application development and information architecture experience
- A dazzling online portfolio
- Experience shipping successful products
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight. That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world’s first comprehensive app for all health needs. We guide individuals—based on their unique profile—to the best resources available to them, whether they are healthy, chronically ill, or actively seeking medical care. In doing so, we help companies regain control over rising healthcare costs and get more value from their benefits investments. Castlight revolutionized the healthcare sector with the introduction of data-driven price transparency tools in 2008 and the first consumer-grade wellbeing platform in 2012. Today, Castlight serves as the health navigation platform for millions of people and is a trusted partner to many of the largest employers in the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco, and can be found online at www.castlighthealth.com and on the New York Stock Exchange as CSLT.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.