Senior Product Manager - Professional Services Platform
Mission of Castlight Health
Castlight Health provides a health benefits platform that engages employees and empowers them to make better healthcare decisions. We believe that every healthcare consumer should have the right and ability to understand his or her benefits and know the quality and cost of services prior to making a purchase.
Professional Services Platform
At Castlight Health, the word “platform” is defined as a set of technologies that enable products to share data foundations and experience frameworks with one another. We provide employers with professional services solutions during implementation, which happens once in three years and benefits roll over, which happens every year. Such professional services teams are empowered to implement, manage and roll over the data and configurations with tools, technologies and reports. We call the technology foundation that enables the creation and delivery of configuration tools, testing technologies and configurations reports, the professional services platform.
Role of Senior Product Manager - Professional Services Platform
The product manager of the professional services team has two internal customers. The first customer is the solution product managers, who build customer facing features. The second customer is the professional services team that uses the tools built by solution product managers to configure solutions for customers.
The senior product manager - professional services platform will understand the needs of these customers, anticipate the needs when possible and enable them to implement and operate the product in a cost effective manner.
Professional Services Platform Strategy and Planning
- Chief product architect of the professional services platform
- Empathize with the needs of internal professional services users and their customers who are external employers.
- Educate and enable solution product managers to define, design and create tools
- Provide a design and development framework for tools delivered via the professional services platform
- Create and evangelize a one-year vision for the professional service platform.
Design and Development of Platform Services
- Break down one-year vision into measurable and verifiable quarterly business objectives
- Write the product direction documents and product definition documents for the engineering team.
- Breakdown product definition documents into stories for development teams.
- Define user-friendly interfaces and experiences for configuration tools.
- Thrive in a rapidly evolving, highly cross-functional, sometimes chaotic, work environment.
- Ability to understand the influencers in the organization and build relationships with them.
- Fast and continuous learner; ability to get up to speed on complex concepts quickly.
- Should be open to shifting priorities in a constantly changing environment.
- Strong opinions, weakly held: Formulate a clear point of view of how to get to intended outcomes desired by the user and have the intestinal fortitude to say No when necessary.
- Elicits insights from data and user research to refine course as necessary.
- Over 5 years of Product Management experience with Enterprise products
- Experience managing configuration software products from inception through launch and iteration
- Elicits unmet customer needs, synthesizes research to gain a deep understanding of the problem
- Experience creating wireframes and writing detailed product requirements.
- Experience with creating Software as a Service (SaaS) products, tools, and scalable platforms for enabling enterprise products.
- Strong technical background and natural ease with highly talented engineers working on data, user-facing applications and data.
- Technical degree in computer science or engineering preferred.
Location: San Francisco, CA
About Castlight Health
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world's first comprehensive app for all health needs.
We guide individuals - based on their unique profile - to the best resources available to them, whether they are healthy, chronically ill, or actively seeking medical care. In doing so, we help companies regain control over rising healthcare costs and get more value from their benefits investments. Castlight revolutionized the healthcare sector with the introduction of data-driven price transparency tools in 2008 and the first consumer-grade wellbeing platform in 2012.
Today, Castlight serves as the health navigation platform for millions of people and is a trusted partner to many of the largest employers in the world.We are one team, on a mission, making things happen
For more information visit www.castlighthealth.com.
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight. That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world’s first comprehensive app for all health needs. We guide individuals—based on their unique profile—to the best resources available to them, whether they are healthy, chronically ill, or actively seeking medical care. In doing so, we help companies regain control over rising healthcare costs and get more value from their benefits investments. Castlight revolutionized the healthcare sector with the introduction of data-driven price transparency tools in 2008 and the first consumer-grade wellbeing platform in 2012. Today, Castlight serves as the health navigation platform for millions of people and is a trusted partner to many of the largest employers in the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco, and can be found online at www.castlighthealth.com and on the New York Stock Exchange as CSLT.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.