We're looking for a top caliber engineer with experience in building core platform services from ground up at Internet scale. Our services power Castlight's digital health platform, which brings together products and technologies from multitude of industry partners and vendors. The ideal candidate will have top-notch software architecture and development skills, and has experience working on enterprise software as a service (SaaS) products. This is an opportunity to be part of an industry leader in the exciting digital health/fitness space and to drive new generation health/fitness platform architecture. If you’ve got the right skills and passion, reach out to us!
What you will be doing:
- Designing, developing and implementing high performance, scalable distributed SaaS applications using Java J2EE and Spring framework.
- Designing and developing REST API and integration points for various platform services.
- Bringing in knowledge of industry standard best practices and evolving our technology footprint.
- Championing DevOps culture and agile methodology with strong emphasis on automation, serviceability and software reliability.
- Individual must demonstrate ability to lead/influence positive change/results in all areas of software development amongst a talented team of engineers.
- Builds strong relationships across the technical organization to better leverage other expertise and tools throughout the organization.
- Understands complex systems and complex requirements and formulates optimal designs to meet current and future needs that align with Enterprise Architecture.
- Mentorship of engineers.
- Minimum of 5 years of Java programming experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of SQL experience (complex queries) and experience in Data Modeling and RDBMS (MySQL).
- Experience with Spring Framework and Spring Boot experience.
- Strong knowledge of key data structures / algorithms and system design fundamentals.
- Experience with micro-service architecture, REST based APIs and enterprise SaaS products.
- Minimum of 2 years of Python experience is.
- Experience with continuous delivery / deployment pipeline for enterprise SaaS products.
- Experience with serviceability frameworks for logs / events / metrics of enterprise SaaS products.
- Experience with distributed architecture using message / event queue such as Kafka.
- Experience with NoSQL such as MongoDB or Cassandra.
- Experience with Docker and familiarity with Kubernetes.
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight. That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world’s first comprehensive app for all health needs. We guide individuals—based on their unique profile—to the best resources available to them, whether they are healthy, chronically ill, or actively seeking medical care. In doing so, we help companies regain control over rising healthcare costs and get more value from their benefits investments. Castlight revolutionized the healthcare sector with the introduction of data-driven price transparency tools in 2008 and the first consumer-grade wellbeing platform in 2012. Today, Castlight serves as the health navigation platform for millions of people and is a trusted partner to many of the largest employers in the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco, and can be found online at www.castlighthealth.com and on the New York Stock Exchange as CSLT.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.