Castlight’s Engineering team is searching for a Senior Software Engineering Manager who has strong technical skills. The candidate should be able to ensure that their team is delivering well-engineered solutions in a collaborative and trusting environment. The candidate needs to be able to foster mutual trust and respect from their team. What we need from you is the dedication to help provide an environment where the engineers on the team feel that this is the most rewarding professional experience of their career.
- Lead a team of talented software engineers who like to ship code and tackle hard engineering problems.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members.
- Help develop their careers and assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals.
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members.
- Hiring, developing and retaining top talent and being responsible for the overall team.
- Work with your engineers and/or product managers to maintain a prioritized backlog and create short term and long term goals.
- Guide decisions on architecture and technical strategy.
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes.
- Manage competing priorities.
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineering Manager managing a team of at least 5 software engineers.
- 5+ years of experience working as a software engineer prior to being a manager using current software engineering best practices.
- Should have experience in Java technology stack. Experience with Ruby a plus.
- Should have extensive experience with back-end and full-stack development.
- Experience with front-end technologies, including Angular a plus.
- Deep technical and architectural skills, so you can guide the team and oversee the amazing work that they are doing.
- Experience and passion for Agile development methodologies, test-driven development, continuous integration/continuous delivery, and automated testing.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment, and committed to driving large projects to completion in a SaaS environment.
- Highly organized and demonstrated ability to balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping things quickly.
- Great people skills, especially when it comes to influencing peers and people across teams.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight. That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world’s first comprehensive app for all health needs. We guide individuals—based on their unique profile—to the best resources available to them, whether they are healthy, chronically ill, or actively seeking medical care. In doing so, we help companies regain control over rising healthcare costs and get more value from their benefits investments. Castlight revolutionized the healthcare sector with the introduction of data-driven price transparency tools in 2008 and the first consumer-grade wellbeing platform in 2012. Today, Castlight serves as the health navigation platform for millions of people and is a trusted partner to many of the largest employers in the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco, and can be found online at www.castlighthealth.com and on the New York Stock Exchange as CSLT.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.