You are a hands-on leader with a proven track record in technical and interpersonal skills in software quality assurance (SQA) for complex software-as-a-service (SaaS). When you talk about the quality of software you are as likely to be referring to the user experience as performance or functionality. When people ask you about test automation, you clarify if they are asking about UI, API, or other forms of automation. You are an advocate for consistent and lightweight processes. Your experiences have prepared you for the responsibility of testing a healthcare and wellness application. Your ethics and sensitivity act as your compass to keep you focused on changing lives for the better. You are a funambulist, both identifying product risks and a partner to fellow engineering & product leadership with the goal of finding a balance that is optimal for the business.
At Castlight you will support the quality engineering (QE) team at the San Francisco office, working hand in hand with the engineering teams at the Sunnyvale and Hyderabad offices. Your team will be composed primarily of quality engineers embedded in scrum teams.
- Leading and managing a technical team of onsite and remote engineers
- Nurture your team’s skill and career development
- Setting standards for, and measuring, product quality
- Participating in the full cadence-based product engineering lifecycle from planning through release and support; ensuring quality throughout
- Contribute directly to the quality of the product
- 5+ years experience in quality assurance or software development
- 2+ yrs engineering management in an agile environment
- Expertise in at least one of the following: mobile, UI, API, data testing, or application testing frameworks
- Experience debugging issues in Java services (SOA) to assist in supporting problem investigation and isolation
- Administering Jira, Jenkins or Git
- Performance, scalability and reliability testing (PSR)
- Build or release management
- Business analytics or application monitoring experience
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight. That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world’s first comprehensive app for all health needs. We guide individuals—based on their unique profile—to the best resources available to them, whether they are healthy, chronically ill, or actively seeking medical care. In doing so, we help companies regain control over rising healthcare costs and get more value from their benefits investments. Castlight revolutionized the healthcare sector with the introduction of data-driven price transparency tools in 2008 and the first consumer-grade wellbeing platform in 2012. Today, Castlight serves as the health navigation platform for millions of people and is a trusted partner to many of the largest employers in the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco, and can be found online at www.castlighthealth.com and on the New York Stock Exchange as CSLT.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.