Senior Product Strategy Manager
The Product Strategy position at Castlight is an incredible opportunity for an individual to gain hands-on experience with a set of critical strategic and operational Product initiatives. This is a highly cross-functional role that will require collaboration with many groups at Castlight, spanning Product and Engineering, Business Development, Corporate Strategy, and more.
A successful individual will be someone who thrives with challenges, is very capable of handling ambiguity, and takes complete ownership to drive initiatives from initial strategy to ultimate execution. As a fast-growing organization, the opportunities for ownership will be great, and this individual will play an important role in shaping the future of Castlight’s product portfolio.
This role requires expertise in conducting market and competitive research, exploring partnership opportunities, creating business cases for new product development, working with Product Managers to build proofs of concepts, and measuring success.
In this role, you will be a key influence on the strategic direction of our product roadmap in support of our highest priority corporate growth goals.
- Conduct market diligence; identify and develop perspective on key trends in healthcare, asses competitive and vendor landscape, identify implications for Castlight
- Represent Castlight externally, meet with our customers to understand pain points and strategic priorities, co-host thought leadership sessions to elicit customer input on Castlight roadmap and areas of innovation
- Collaborate with Business Development and Strategy teams to identify opportunities for product partnerships, define product integrations and new builds in support of strategy
- Interface with external partners and teams to evaluate potential Product partnerships
- Develop business case for new product opportunities, including build vs. partner assessment
- Support other product initiatives, including execution of key product features and functionality alongside PM partners
- Provide input into longer term (2-3 year) Product Roadmap, ensuring strategic alignment to corporate goals and priorities
- Define clear success metrics / KPIs and evaluate product strategy opportunities against those
- Lead internal cross-functional working groups to ensure alignment and resourcing support cross-functionally
- BS/BA required
- 5+ years of experience in highly analytical and strategic roles, ideal candidate has Management Consulting or Private Equity experience
- 3+ years of experience working in Product Management
- Knowledge of health tech market, experience working within healthcare
- Strong quantitative / modeling skills
- Very strong communicator, both verbal and written
- Structured presenter, ability to develop and present structured materials
- Thrive in a demanding, rapidly changing, cross-functional environment, comfort with ambiguity
- Enjoys both hands-on execution and strategic thought leadership
- Embody our company values: One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight. That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world’s first comprehensive app for all health needs. We guide individuals—based on their unique profile—to the best resources available to them, whether they are healthy, chronically ill, or actively seeking medical care. In doing so, we help companies regain control over rising healthcare costs and get more value from their benefits investments. Castlight revolutionized the healthcare sector with the introduction of data-driven price transparency tools in 2008 and the first consumer-grade wellbeing platform in 2012. Today, Castlight serves as the health navigation platform for millions of people and is a trusted partner to many of the largest employers in the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco, and can be found online at www.castlighthealth.com and on the New York Stock Exchange as CSLT.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.