Castlight CEO and Co-Founder Giovanni Colella, M.D. to Join Steven Brill and Ezekiel Emanuel, M.D. Ph.D. to Examine How to Lower the High Price of Health Care
Washington, D.C. – March 12, 2013 – Castlight Health co-founder and CEO, Giovanni Colella, M.D., will discuss the opportunity to improve the economics of the U.S. health care system through transparency and reform at a Center for American Progress event, “The High Price of Health Care.” Taking place at 9:30 a.m. ET on March 13, 2013, the interactive panel discussion will also feature noted author Steven Brill and health care visionary Ezekiel Emanuel, M.D., Ph.D. The event will be hosted live at the Center for American Progress in Washington, D.C. and via concurrent live webcast online.
- What: “The High Price of Health Care”
- When: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 9:30 a.m. ET – 11:00 a.m. ET
- Where: Center for American Progress 1333 H St. NW, 10th Floor Washington, D.C., 20005
- Giovanni Colella, M.D., co-founder and CEO, Castlight Health
- Steven Brill, journalist and author of “Bitter Pill: Why Medical Bills are Killing Us,” published in TIME Magazine
- Ezekiel Emanuel, M.D. Ph.D., senior fellow, Center for American Progress; vice provost, University of Pennsylvania
- Tweet this: Join @CastlightHealth at @amprog event on the #bitterpill of #healthcare costs and opportunity for #hctransparency http://ow.ly/iL9hv
- Watch live: http://www.americanprogress.org/events/2013/03/04/55489/the-high-price-of-health-care/
“Steven Brill’s landmark article in TIME Magazine on the unconscionable price of health care in the U.S. has pushed conversation about this growing crisis to an apex,” said Colella. “The high cost of health care and the lack of transparency into both price and quality impacts both consumers and businesses, hampering our ability to sustain the financial and physical health of the nation. The opportunity to reform the U.S. health care system for the better has never been greater, and the time is now to drive real change.”
The Center for American Progress, a progressive think tank dedicated to improving the lives of Americans through ideas and action, hosts events on vital issues facing America and the world to create necessary dialogue between thought leaders, thinkers, and citizens. This event will explore a timely subject that affects us all, excessive health care costs. Click here to find out more information on “The High Price of Health Care,” to register for the event, or to watch live: http://www.americanprogress.org/events/2013/03/04/55489/the-high-price-of-health-care/
About Castlight Health
Castlight Health enables employers, their employees, and health plans to take control of health care costs and improve care. Named #1 on The Wall Street Journal’s list of “The Top 50 Venture-Backed Companies” for 2011 and one of Dow Jones’ 50 Most Investment-Worthy Technology Start-Ups, Castlight Health helps the country’s self-insured employers and health plans empower consumers to shop for health care. Castlight Health is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by prominent investors including Allen & Company, Cleveland Clinic, Maverick Capital, Morgan Stanley Investment Management, Oak Investment Partners, Redmile Group, T. Rowe Price, U.S. Venture Partners, Venrock, Wellcome Trust and two unnamed mutual funds. For more information, please visit our web site at http://www.castlighthealth.com or call (415) 829-1400.
Blanc & Otus for Castlight Health