Director, Product Marketing and Go-To-Market
apree health – the new name for the joint Castlight Health and Vera Whole Health organizations – is seeking an experienced healthcare leader to join our Product Marketing team.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Product Marketing, this role will be responsible for creating a compelling narrative to deliver apree health’s value proposition to clients and prospects in both our employer and health plan markets.
You will partner with our product, sales and customer success organizations to bring compelling products, features and product packages to market. You will be responsible for product positioning and sales enablement.
Experience in collaboration with a leadership team (CEO, sales leaders, product leaders and Chief Medical Officer) is essential.
- Develop apree health’s strategic message and position in the market by crafting our narrative, defining our corporate and product line stories and the value proposition that we offer in a simple and compelling manner.
- Package our message into marketing collateral, from pitch decks to brand campaigns to website narratives; provide guidance and support across the marketing team to turn our messaging into tangible deliverables and assets.
- Partner with our product teams to develop compelling product roadmaps for both our direct-to-employer and health plan markets.
- Plan the launches of new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Responsible for the Castlight ‘voice’ – create cohesiveness and repeatability in how we talk about ourselves, ensure consistency of messaging and brand, and review/edit externally facing assets to resonate with our target audiences
- Leverage your ‘narrative building super-power’ to help across marketing functions, from sales enablement to demand generation to corporate communications
- Personally present our story to the market (customers, prospects, partners) with a style that makes it even more compelling; naturally adjust to speak to what matters most to each audience
- Lead training and enablement efforts with Sales and Customer teams on delivering the narrative and bringing storytelling and presentation skills to the next level
- Lead and develop your team of product marketers
- Master storyteller – someone who is uniquely good at crafting a compelling narrative, figuring out the ‘hook’ and speaking to what matters to the audience; able to incorporate emotional storytelling while leveraging data and facts
- Marketing ‘general athlete’ – experience working across marketing functions to deliver effective and differentiated assets, from sales tools to marketing campaigns to corporate assets
- Healthcare or health tech industry experience required. Keeps a pulse on the industry and understands how competitors position themselves.
- Brings a strong business mindset and acumen to the role; develops strategic understanding of our business to effectively drive market awareness, engagement, and demand
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with Product, Sales, Customer and Marketing teams to be a thought partner in communicating effectively
- Passionate and creative ‘out of the box’ thinker with the ability to generate and influence alternate approaches that will resonate with our marketing targets
- Comfortable and experienced in communicating and bringing to life our narrative externally, whether with buyers, partners, or customers
- Prior experience working directly / closely with an executive leadership team
- Experience managing a team, and a track record of enabling and developing the skills and careers of direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree plus 10+ years’ experience in progressively responsible marketing roles; a Master of Business Administration degree is a plus.
- Superlative writing, editing and presentation capabilities are expected
- Ability to work and adapt in a fast-paced, evolving, and growing company is a must
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Castlight Health does not accept unsolicited assistance from recruitment search firms for employment opportunities. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Castlight Health via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a signed search agreement on Castlight’s form in place ahead of time will be deemed the sole property of Castlight Health. In such cases, no fee will be paid or payable in the event the candidate is hired by Castlight as a result of the submission.