Engineering Manager – Personalization:
At Castlight, we deliver the industry’s leading navigation experience using data, technology, and a team of clinical experts. With our recent combination with Vera Whole Health, we’ll integrate navigation data and personalization technology with best-in-class advanced primary care to pioneer and scale value-based care in the commercial market. To date, Castlight has partnered with more than 240 large enterprise customers, spanning millions of lives, to improve healthcare outcomes, lower costs, and increase benefits satisfaction.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager with strong technical skills to lead our personalization team. The team at Castlight is responsible for presenting the most relevant content as part of a dynamic user experience throughout our application and consists of product managers, data scientists, engineers, and designers. The candidate should be able to ensure that the team is delivering well-engineered solutions in a collaborative and trusting environment. Person needs to be able to foster mutual trust and respect from his team. What we need from you is the dedication to help provide an environment where the engineers on the team feel that this is the most rewarding professional experience of their career.
- 5+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager managing a team of at least 5 software engineers.
- Great people and communication skills, especially when it comes to influencing peers and people across teams.
- 5+ years of experience working as a software engineer prior to being a manager using current software engineering best practices.
- Experience in Java and Python technology stack.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform is a plus.
- Experience and passion for Agile development methodologies, test-driven development, continuous integration/continuous delivery, and automated testing.
- Experience with deploying and managing machine learning models in a production environment is a plus
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment and committed to driving large projects to completion in a SaaS environment.
- Lead a team of talented engineers who like to ship code and tackle hard engineering problems.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers, assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals.
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members.
- Hiring, developing and retaining top talent and being responsible for the overall team structure.
- Work with your engineers and/or product managers to maintain a prioritized backlog and create short term and long term goals.
- Guide decisions on architecture and technical strategy.
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes.
- Manage competing priorities.
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion:
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight. That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world’s first comprehensive app for all health needs. We guide individuals—based on their unique profile—to the best resources available to them, whether they are healthy, chronically ill, or actively seeking medical care. In doing so, we help companies regain control over rising healthcare costs and get more value from their benefits investments. Castlight revolutionized the healthcare sector with the introduction of data-driven price transparency tools in 2008 and the first consumer-grade wellbeing platform in 2012. Today, Castlight serves as the health navigation platform for millions of people and is a trusted partner to many of the largest employers in the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco and can be found online at www.castlighthealth.com.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.