Infrastructure DevOps Engineer
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day support of multiple environments such as: production, staging, and development
- Provide 24×7 support for platform infrastructures and perform troubleshooting to resolve problems
- Test and deploy new application releases and patches
- Work closely with other organizations to coach and develop best practices
- Document and update procedures and processes
- Be flexible to perform additional duties as required
- 8+ years of experience using technologies like Terraform, Chef and Docker etc…
- Understanding of Agile SDLC both Kanban and Scrum
- Understanding of how deployment pipelines work
- Configuration Management like Chef
- Containerized application development specifically using Docker/Kubernetes for private and public Clouds
- Working knowledge on GCP, VMWare and Linux
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral, for both technical and non-technical people)
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with an obsessive attention to detail. Superb self-management skills
Nice to Have:
- Hashicorp products like Consul, Vault etc…
- Knowledge of SQL and/or NoSQL database systems
- Working knowledge of Elasticsearch, Kafka, Redis, other DBs
- Knowledge/Experience of docker-compose
- Istio, Consul, and Vault is a big bonus
- Golang and/or Python
- GCP, Terraform, K8 certification
- Development background (any programming language)
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion:
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight. That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world’s first comprehensive app for all health needs. We guide individuals—based on their unique profile—to the best resources available to them, whether they are healthy, chronically ill, or actively seeking medical care. In doing so, we help companies regain control over rising healthcare costs and get more value from their benefits investments. Castlight revolutionized the healthcare sector with the introduction of data-driven price transparency tools in 2008 and the first consumer-grade wellbeing platform in 2012. Today, Castlight serves as the health navigation platform for millions of people and is a trusted partner to many of the largest employers in the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco and can be found online at www.castlighthealth.com.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.