Product Design/Creative Director
apree health – the new name for the joint Castlight Health and Vera Whole Health organizations – is seeking an experienced healthcare leader to join our Product Design team. apree health is a healthcare company entering an exciting new growth phase; adding new product offerings to our employer vertical, along with continuing to expand into sectors such as health plans and the provider (clinical) side of healthcare.
Reporting directly to the Senior Director of Design, this role will be responsible for creating a compelling narrative to deliver apree health’s value proposition to clients and prospects in all of our markets.
Our Product Design/Creative Director is a key stakeholder for work that spans Product Design, Marketing Design, Demos, and User Research. This role is responsible for design strategy, consistency, and quality.
- Conceptualize creative ideas that result in effective, breakthrough engagement opportunities across our customer base and product suite
- Routinely collaborate with leadership to develop product, design, and brand strategy (from Director level to Executive Leadership Team, across departments)
- Own cross-functional design strategy efforts at apree
- Develop directional product and creative deliverables, including but not limited to – brand development, product design, product, and design strategy
- Work with internal and external partners and stakeholders to develop unique design strategies suited to apree health market, sales, and product design needs
- Identify, develop and maintain a unique, consistent tone-of-voice for the apree health brand and sub-brands
- Primary stakeholder for design style guides and standards documentation
- Lead internal design critique
- Multi-task across simultaneous projects and deadlines, collaborating with appropriate team members
- Facilitate brainstorms – towing the line between creative expression and product / brand realities
- Work collaboratively with external vendors
- Demonstrate creative thought leadership, keeping ahead of trends and providing proactive inspiration and recommendations
- 5+ years of experience in a product strategy or design strategy leadership role
- Experience managing a team with a track record of enabling and developing skills and careers of direct reports.
- Experience within a recognized creative agency, brand creative group or a product / design strategy role within a technology company
- Bachelor’s Degree or fifteen plus years of digital design experience
- Strong grasp on culture, with a keen understanding of what is relevant and an eye for upcoming trends
- Expert written and verbal communication, with the ability to articulate abstract creative concepts
- Experience working within whitespace in a start-up or similar environment
- Great with feedback and revisions
- Understanding of platforms, products, marketing, and sales with experience in mobile-first production
- Portfolio of work which showcases marketing and product work—Please provide a portfolio link to your work.
**REMOTE USA PLEASE**