Senior Backend Java Engineer:
The Integrations and Rewards Engineering team at Castlight health is responsible for integrating new trackers, building/maintaining a platform to reward users for living a healthy lifestyle. Own moderately complex initiatives and deliverables within technical domain environments. Contribute to large scale planning of strategies.
Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs associated with technology domain, including upgrades and deployments. Review moderately complex technical challenges that require an in-depth evaluation of technologies and procedures.
You should thrive in a fast-paced setting, working under tight timelines and collaborating with cross functional teams and be able to perform data analysis, provide development support for existing systems, and troubleshoot data and/or system issues, as needed. This includes contributing to our existing microservices, building new services out, designing and developing the APIs ingested in the front-end.
Throughout all of this you will be collaborating with other engineers on the team, data scientists, designers, product managers, and other stakeholders. Our team takes continuous improvement and innovation seriously and we are always seeking ways to improve our practices.
- 6+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- 6+ years of software engineering experience in developing integrated and secure enterprise or web-based applications using Java/J2EE.
- Experience with ‘test’ centric development methodologies including Test Driven Development (TDD) & Behavior Driven Development (BDD).
- Familiar with databases; especially relational ones like MySQL
- Hands-on experience with developer tools like Git, Docker, Kubernetes, and monitoring solutions (Prometheus)
- You have excellent communication skills, you’re humble, and you enjoy sharing & learning from others
- You embrace change, can take a step back, prioritize, and focus on added-value tasks
- You have a results-driven and product-oriented mindset
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of frameworks like Spring, Spring Boot, JUnit, and Mockito
- Participating in the design, development, and maintenance of new Java services
- Participating in the whole application lifecycle; including early meetings, design, development, test strategy, deployment to production, observability, and support
- Interacting with people with different roles and backgrounds, and sharing your technical expertise with a mix of technical, product and business experts
One team. On a mission. Making things happen.
Diversity and Inclusion:
The Castlight culture values and celebrates different backgrounds, perspectives, and points of view. We believe our diversity helps drive creativity and innovation. We strive to make everyone feel included, valued, and engaged; enable them to do their best work; and build their careers here at Castlight. That is why diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Rather, they are a commitment to a culture where employees feel respected and empowered to share their ideas and deliver the best results.
Learn more about our continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Castlight is on a mission to make it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world’s first comprehensive app for all health needs. We guide individuals—based on their unique profile—to the best resources available to them, whether they are healthy, chronically ill, or actively seeking medical care. In doing so, we help companies regain control over rising healthcare costs and get more value from their benefits investments. Castlight revolutionized the healthcare sector with the introduction of data-driven price transparency tools in 2008 and the first consumer-grade wellbeing platform in 2012. Today, Castlight serves as the health navigation platform for millions of people and is a trusted partner to many of the largest employers in the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco and can be found online at www.castlighthealth.com.
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.