Senior Manager, Analytics
About the Company
apree health – the new name for the joint Castlight Health and Vera Whole Health merger – is seeking an experienced healthcare leader to join our Analytics/Informatics team. apree health is a healthcare company entering an exciting new growth phase where we are adding new product offerings to our employer vertical, along with continued expansion into sectors such as health plans and the provider (clinical) side of healthcare.
About the Team
The Analytics and Informatics team is a group of highly skilled analytic resources who work together toward a culture of data-driven decision-making across the organization. Our team uses a diverse array of healthcare and product usage data to provide analytic insights that support the entire organization, including Customer Success, Product Management, Sales and Marketing, and most recently, direct patient-care teams delivering Advanced Primary Care.
We are a collaborative, flexible, and friendly team who get excited about data and analytics and the role they play in decision making. Our culture is one of teamwork, shared responsibility, mutual respect, and growth. Our key day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Performing claims and EMR-based analysis to quantify impact, value & ROI for our customers & the market; help drive and strengthen our value proposition
- Developing and maintaining business reporting and intelligence dashboards to convey the value of our product to Customers, and uncover actionable insights for our internal teams and customers
- Delivering ad hoc customer reporting requests; working to shape requests into meaningful & actionable data
- Ensuring our data is augmented with cutting edge methodologies and algorithms to glean the maximum value from the data
We operate on a Google Cloud Platform and utilize technical tools that include: SQL/DataGrip/Bigquery, Tableau, Alembic/Terraform, Gitlab, Python, Airflow, Mixpanel, R Studio, and SAS.
About the Job
Our Analytics and Informatics team is seeking a Senior Manager who will be responsible for managing a team of highly skilled analysts.
The person in this role will define and execute on a strategy to create new and improve existing analytic approaches that answer our customers’ most pressing business questions. You’ll work shoulder to shoulder with product managers, clinical staff, data engineers, and other parts of the Analytics organization to identify new opportunities and ensure the delivery of high-quality analyses to both internal and external customers.
This position requires experience managing highly skilled analysts. Deep skills in analytics as well as significant project and stakeholder management experience are additional important qualifications.
This team member will report directly to the VP of Analytics and Informatics.
Business Role and Responsibilities:
- Directly manage a team of 5-10 experienced individual contributors to execute on our analytic roadmap
- Design and implement analytic “best practices” and define processes and procedures to encourage adherence
- Proactively gather business needs from our stakeholders and brainstorm creative solutions to their business challenges
- Socialize the insights and value driven by the Analytics and Informatics team across the organization
- Act as a key contributor to our analytic strategy planning process
- Lead analytics-related discussions with some of the world’s largest and most respected employers
- A seasoned leader with a coach/player approach to management
- A problem-solver with a natural sense of curiosity, an analytic mindset, and a deep love of data
- Self-sufficient, ready to roll up your sleeves, and not afraid of ambiguity
- A detail-oriented individual who loves to create order out of chaos
- Able to work cross-functionally across many different stakeholder personas
- A strong communicator who effectively shares information at the appropriate level across a wide variety of audiences
- A self-starter with a demonstrated track record of leading projects from idea to execution
- 8+ years’ experience in a healthcare-based analytics role
- 5+ years’ experience managing teams
- Master’s degree in a quantitative/analytic field or equivalent work experience
- Experience working directly with administrative and/or clinical healthcare data; familiarity with the standards and nuances of such data
- Experience with product usage data desired
- Technical experience that includes SQL, Tableau or other BI tools, scripting languages, Gitlab, etc.